Sunday, September 30, 2007

Learning to let go

I'm learning to let go of past regrets and sorrows. Still learning to forget about the CVS/Respi exam....or at least block it out of my mind temporarily.
Learning to forget the fact that none of my City Harvest cell group members (besides Kelvin) even wished me happy birthday, even though Rachel told them about it beforehand. (Instead I should remember how some batchmates came over to my place to sing 'Happy Birthday' on Friday night, and at CF too on Friday afternoon).

And I refuse to dwell over small, petty things in a negative way. I can dwell about how I feel like I'm always taken for granted because of my quiet nature. I can pout about how I'm somehow always in the wrong whenever a conflict occurs- it always seems to be my fault. I can depress myself about many things, but I wouldn't.

Instead, I'm going to praise the Lord.

Praise Him that I got my internet connection back- and can now enjoy the luxury of going online in the comfort of my own room. Praise Him for my housemates- who followed me all the way to Low Yat and helped me ask for assistance for my laptop. (with their better command of Mandarin).

Praise Him for both Juniors and Seniors, who texted me good luck and encouraging messages the night before the exam. When one receives text messages from at least one person from each semester , (from Sem 1 up to Sem 5), one knows that she is being blessed with guardian angels around her :)

p.s. why is episode 1 of Survivor : China taking soo long to download? lol


Philippians 3:13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ailing - I am LOVING the new Survivor! Soooo much better than Fiji! Email me when you've seen it :) Bibi

LX said...

Yes, PRAISE HIM! I think sometimes I also get too caught up in little little things that make me so down and depressed 'til I forget the many other blessings in my life.

AiLing said...

Bibi- hey Jie- I'm halfway watching it now....and yes, I do have some interesting things about this first episode which I'm dying to discuss with you about - like Leslie walking out of the temple halfway through the welcoming ceremony

Lynnx01:- yeah, I agree. We should learn to focus on the more positive things in life