Tuesday, September 18, 2007

24







Last Saturday, yours truly turned.....24. *Gosh I feel old now :P*

So how exactly did I spend my birthday?

Well, on Friday night, as I was walking back home with my 2 housemates, they were chatting about how long it took me to take my shower. I admited that my showers could take up to half and hour at times (yes). Housemate Rachel then challenged me to time how long it actually takes for me to shower ( she would help me time that night) and to tell her when I was done.
Little did I know that it was just a cover story for something more important....

A few minutes before 12 midnight, my mum called me to wish me happy birthday. And as I was still on the phone with her, suddenly there was a knock on my bedroom door, and Rachel was calling for me to open it. Chong Bing is going back home, and he just wanted to say goodbye. Hmmm..... okay.....
And then, barely a minute later, yet another knock on my bedroom door.
And this time, as I opened it......I saw a whole group of batchmates standing right outside my bedroom door, with Edwina (was it?) holding a birthday cake. And they were singing the 'Happy birthday'' chorus.
I got the surprise of my life. Well, I admit that I did expect my 2 housemates to at least wish me happy birthday at midnight, but what I didn't expect was that they actually invited a whole group of friends/batchmates over to my place to celebrate!! It was so overwhelming, I almost felt like crying at that very moment.

I suddenly felt loved, a sentiment which I don't always feel. I realize that I am blessed to have such lovely friends and people around me.
Thank you so much Edwina, Lynn Xuan, Sarah Yuen, WeiLin, Hui Ling, Jian Min, Kwan, Chong Bing, Ru Fah, Ghi Waie, Suisse, and cousin Mervin for turning up, and making my day! :D And special thanks to my wonderful housemates Rachel and Fang Han for taking the trouble to organize all this! :D

(I forgot to bring my camera cable today, so will try to upload the photos tomorrow. Unfortunately, the group photo wasn't saved in my camera).

Saturday was a normal day, studying a bit for CVS- and having William come over at night to cook spaghetti for us.

Now that I am a getting a year older, I don't know what lies ahead for the upcoming year, but what I do know is that I want to be strong in my walk with the Lord, which has been....umm....kind of dwindling recently ( ever since the new sem began).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The entire Saturday, my mind was bugged by something else. You see, there has been some...problems arising in my City Harvest cell group. Ever since me, Rachel and Naomi missed so many sessions due to the fact that we went back to our hometowns for the long holidays, and because we were busy for the past week. And the cell group leader isn't happy with us at all. I really hope that we can sort this out, because.....I know that Jesus doesn't like divisions among his believers.


p.s. My PBL group finished all our PBL sessions yesterday!! Woohoo!! No more PBLs for the next couple of weeks!!

p.p.s Whoever read this, I trust you will keep it a secret ;)

9 comments:

LX said...

24.. the age I want to get married. Which is like, so SO impossible at the moment.

AiLing said...

24 is still considered early....don't worry :)

Some people get married at their 30s. (particularly in the western world)

edwina said...

hey gurl...

was ghi waie not geng yi... heheh.. will pass u the pics when i upload to my comp...

talking bout laziness.. heheh...

Zzzyun said...

huhu what is this abt crush.. crush lol.

wah u very brave leh! dare to write abt in blog!! i wudnt dare do that. :O

khwai said...

Heylo... I am so sorry but I didn't know when your birthday was. So here's (albeit late) wishing you a great birthday and a wonderful year ahead of great things coming your way!

Shh... I am in your PBL group la and I know who your crush is. But don't worry. I will keep my silence. Tsk tsk. And I thought it was our group's dynamism that drove you. Hehe

AiLing said...

Edwina:- haha, k :)

zzzyun- well, now you know more about me ;) Anyways, this is a place for expressing my feelings....and I trust that all of you guys ( batchmates esp.) will keep it a secret

khwai- thanks ya for the birthday wishes. Haha...shhhhhh ;)

Zzzyun said...

haha yeah.. but what if he read this? better to keep these feelings out of the public eye imho.

but looks like u've taken action by removing it eh.. haha

Anonymous said...

Hi Ailing - omg! Can't believe I missed your birthday! Lucky I checked your blog tonight. Anyway, sorry for the belated wishes - will write you a proper email when I'm less swamped with work. Good luck in your exams! :) Bibi

AiLing said...

zzzyun:- yeah, better to keep it a secret ;)

Bibi:- haha, it's ok really :) Thanks for the belated b-wishes!