Thursday, September 27, 2007

I failed

I think.....no, I'm quite sure that I failed the CVS/Respi exam today :(

Not really in a mood to talk about it now..... the OSPE section was the worst for me- there was way too much to cover, so I left out studying the blood vessels of the upper and lower limb. And guess what? It came out, one entire OSPE question, which I wasn't able to answer at all, because I didn't study for that part. So I think I got only a few marks out of 20 for the OSPE. And as for the other sections, even MCQ which I'm usually good at, I got only half of the marks, so it wouldn't be enough to pull my total mark up. So yeah, I'm so prepared to fail. Let's hope that I don't burst into tears again when I open up my result slip a couple of weeks later.

I'm so angry, upset and frustrated with myself right now. And it's not like I didn't study. I study hard every single day.....especially for the past month, and this is what I get in return?

My batchmates are all partying happily right now, but as for me, I'm not in the mood at all to do anything.

p.s. oh, and I have only myself to blame for not doing the Respi AIR topic earlier on, and leaving it until tonight. Because one entire MEQ question came out on it....and I couldn't answer it that well, because....I didn't do the AIR topic prior to the exams!

6 comments:

LX said...

Hey Ailing, don't be discouraged. Many times I feel the same too - 'it's not as if I didn't study..' sort of thing. But I guess we continue to learn.. especially in time management and how to cope with stress.

khwai said...

It's okay. I second what Lynn Xuan said.

The important thing is that we should never ever give up hope in the face of despair n challenges

Zzzyun said...

hey girl, i agree with what ur frenz say. dont be discouraged. sometimes we see those ppl who seemed so clever and smart, doing well in everything but behind who knows what hardships they have gone thru to get to where they are today.

if this helps, i'd let u know smtg. i failed once too. in sem2 summative. i was really down after the exam and got even more depressed after finding out my result. thk god tat was someone who was honest enuf to scold me into awareness. and now im ok ade...

just rmb to have faith and continue working hard. =)

AiLing said...

Thanks guys. :) I'm trying to put the paper behind me- what's done is done.

edwina said...

girl... i realised jus too that med school is not bout exams onli... no doubt it may be one major part but hey, we should learn to take thingsjus as it comes n go... there's still another haemato n gi for us to work on to upgrade ourselves n to better ourselves for the "highly" awaiting EOS 3...

wat i told myself is to not let exams n ICAs n all be a hindrance n stumbling block in my daily life from now onwards!!! :p hope u too!!!

AiLing said...

Edzzz- hey Ed, thanks so much for the encouragement :)