Sunday, September 23, 2007

The current state of affairs.....

If you have been reading the newspapers daily, or watching the news on television, you would've known about the recent case of an 8 year old girl, Nurin Jazlin Jazimin, who was found dead, brutally murdered and sexually assaulted after going missing for one whole month. She went missing after heading out to the pasar malam in her neighbourhood alone. Her body, which showed marks of strangulation and sexual abuse, was found dumped in a carrier bag left outside a book store.
Imagine the grief of her parents and her family.

Now, who in the world would have the heart to do such a thing to such an innocent child? She is only 8 years old. Who would have the mind to carry out such a cruel and horrifying act?

There was a time when children in this country could play and roam about the streets freely without their parents worrying about their safety. There was a time when the brutal murder of an 8 year old was unheard of. Those times are long gone. Now, parents all over the country are advised to keep a close eye on their children. But seriously though, is it possible for a parent(esp. those with many children) to keep an eye on their children every single minute? Shame to those who only know how to accuse Nurin's parents of negligence, instead of offering their deepest condolences to a family who is grieving.

No child, regardless of race or gender or personality should deserve the same fate as Nurin. We should all work together to make this country a safer place for our children to live in. It can start from the neighbourhood. Help your neighbours keep an eye on their children, and immediately report any suspicious activities. (e.g. seeing a child being reluctantly dragged away by a stranger)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's stress time again- the period of time when you can feel the adrenaline rush of last-minute straining for revision. CVS/Respi exams this Thursday, and I still have a lot to cover. My mind, as usual, says - I'm so dead again. My heart, however, tells me- leave it all up to God. And I have to learn again and again to lean not on my own understanding, but on God's grace.

I seem to forget everything that I learn! For example, today during CSU session, when Htin Aung asked us about the different types of asthma, and also the anti-asthmatic drugs, I forgot everything, even though I just revised that very topic a few days ago! Arrrgghhh.......*throws hands up in exasperation*

Talking about Htin Aung....having a 2 hour CSU session with him early in the morning is very.....draining. From the beginning, when I decided to ask an unnecessary question to the SP, he harped on that mistake of mine for at least 10 minutes. And when I subconciously rested my hands on my hips, he accused me of not being respectful towards him.
I really can't imagine having him as a PBL faci (he is giving housemate Fang Han a very tough time in PBL sessions, and the other housemate Rachel is having him for Haemato, so ....... *shudders.)

3 comments:

LX said...

shudders too..

Zzzyun said...

dont worry i got him for GI which was a VERY agonizing SIX weeks... but i survived and lived to tell the tale.

it made me know how to do pbl better. but has since then lapsed into the lazy phase coz the others dont seem to care anyway. *shrugs*

having for him is haemato is good coz there is NO anatomy wic is like his fav subject! can die if he ask u do anatomy. summore GI hav so much anatomy summore.. *ressureced from dead lol*

AiLing said...

Lynnx01:- yeah, it's scary how brutal the world has become, even to innocent children.

zzzyun:- Yeap, that is exactly what I heard!
( about HA emphasizing on anatomy).