Saturday, September 8, 2007

Wo hen lei

I’m tired. Tired from the hectic schedule of the past few days. Tired from getting only a few hours sleep every night for the past week. Tired of being tired.

And last but not least, tired of being made use of. How about digging out my money (well, actually it’s the money that I receive from both my housemates for their room rent) to pay for Izzi broadband (which costs RM1498 for the entire year), and then discovering that both my housemates can access the internet at home- and I can’t. How frustrating and disappointing is that? Well, they promised to share the cost, so we’ll see how it goes. I found out that it’s because my laptop’s USB port, the one which I plug the internet wire in, is spoilt. Which means I might have to get a new laptop.

Hello? I know my laptop is already almost 5 years old- but getting a new one isn’t such a simple process. How much does a laptop cost? Hey you and you- stop assuming that my mum has so much money. She has worked so hard to get to where she is today- all that she is now is entirely due to her struggles when she was younger and how she showed courage and determination to overcome all odds to become such a successful businesswoman today. Please do not take me and my mum for granted.

And you, who gave you the authority tell your friend that I have a printer that he could use? It is my printer after all, not yours. What would you have said about me if I hadn’t allowed him to use my printer? That I’m a spoilt, selfish brat?

I really want to be nice and helpful and kind to everyone, because that’s just how I am. I don’t like hurting anyone’s feelings. But then, where is the thin line between being nice and being too soft-hearted? If we’re too nice, we get taken advantage of.

I need to learn to stand up for myself and my own rights – without coming across as too harsh or abrasive. But then again, people tend to be intimidated of me without me having to raise my voice at them or show them my true colours.


p.s. On a side note, the IMU Charity Run was held this morning. I was tending the ‘Patch for Love’ stall, which sold hand-made stuff. It’s safe to say that it wasn’t the most popular stall at the carnival, mainly due to the cost of the stuff being sold. (Well, I didn’t set the price). But it was a good experience

eta :I'm so careless- I can't believe it myself. Last Friday, I left my pendrive in E-lab 2, and also the 'Medical Embryology' book which I borrowed in the library. Gah!! Luckily, someone found my pendrive and is going to return it to me tomorrow. When will I ever learn to be more careful?


4 comments:

LX said...

I do notice the similarities in our posts. When we tend to be soft-hearted, people just step on our heads. I was SO distracted last night I couldn't sleep.

Zzzyun said...

omg i used to have the same problem too. ppl who take advantage of us becoz we just cudnt take it in ourselves to voice out our opinions.

i've tried to change in the past. there is a thin line btw defending our honour and being too selfish.

i seemed to have been better at voicing my opinion in a firm but non forceful way. but then it's still a battle yet to be won.

but i'll try my best. =)

you shld too. dont be forceful but be firm.

Anonymous said...

one thing i reli learned after the camp is that if u reli believe in what u stand n that it'll please the eyes of God then jus continue doing it. no doubt u may become a bad person in the sight of others, but how long can u withstand doing sthg u dun like or dun wan do? who wud u rather please? mankind or God. n firstly u make urself more n more upset n then u will continue to push the blame to others. secondly, u'll end up forever complaining n doing nothing bout it. =.=

the decision is hard to make i know... i too am learning it bit by bit, step by step... care to walk it together with me? =)

AiLing said...

Lynnx01:- yeah, that's what happens when we tend to be soft-hearted

zzzyun:- yeah. I'll try my best :)

ed:- yeah, it's something I'm still learning to do.