Monday, September 3, 2007

Semester 3....here we come!!

Yep....today is officially the start of a brand new semester for me and my batchmates.

We have been in IMU for exactly one year now, and we are now officially 2nd year medic students. Woohoo!

I've to admit that I'm not really geared up yet for this new semester. After the long holidays, the longest I've had since a long time, it'll take quite a while for me to adjust back to this routine.
PBLs....CSUs...AIR topics..... it has been quite a while since I've done any of these.

Today we had our first PBL session of the semester. I still don't know my faci's full name......an Indian guy with the initials S.A.

My new PBL groupmates seem to be quite a hardworking and dedicated bunch....we'll see how it goes. Our group's concept is to read up on everything, but each of us concentrate on one particular topic. I think I like it this way. :)

During lunchhour today, right before PBL session, me and several friends decided to sneak in a little fun and drive out to Secret Recipe for lunch. This is the second time I've been to Secret Recipe within the past few days...( the last time with Lynn Xuan in Kuching on Saturday). I love Secret Recipe! The spaghetti is delicious, so are the pies, and the chicken steak, and the cakes and cookies.....yummm...... The food is rather expensive though.

Yesterday..... Lynn Xuan and I were on the same flight back to KL from Kuching. It was supposed to be a 1 and a half hour flight, and we were supposed to land in LCCT at 1.30 pm.
Everything was smooth going at first, and the announcement had been made that we were going to land at the airport soon. But then, as the aeroplane was about to land, something unusual happened. The plane suddenly flew upwards again without warning. We were surrounded by dark clouds literally, and the entire plane was shaking and wobbling. It turned out that the plane couldn't land due to bad weather. That few minutes, when the pilot was struggling to fly the plane back upwards, was scary. (You've to be in the plane to understand what I mean). The plane was flying very low, and it seemed like there was trouble trying to get the plane to fly back upwards. It was the first time the prospect of death actually entered my mind. What if something actually happened? I wouldn't be able to see my family, my dear mum, my friends again. I would never be a doctor!
But I was feeling surprisingly calm. It was as if something within me was telling me that everything was going to be ok. And it was then I realized that it is all in God's hands. He is our Creater, so He decides when exactly we should enter and when we should leave the earth.

Anyways, the plane eventually stabilized, and the flight was diverted to the Penang Airport. We stayed in the plane for half and hour at it was stationed at the airport, before it was given the green light to proceed on back to KL. What a journey! ( I wished that I could go down and go sightseeing in Penang! Hah)


p.s. So news has it that nasioncom has gone bankrupt. And so the internet connection at my place is down. Gah!!!!!

5 comments:

edwina said...

hey hey...

glad that i was able to talk to u jus now... heheh...

jus to let u know, me read ur blog too okies... jus a silent reader who's lazy to type out any comments... heheh :p

AiLing said...

Edwina? Hello there, hahah.

Wow, it was only a while ago that I spoke to you...did you go to the e-lab immediately after that? :p

Anyways....jogging afterwards ya? ;)

edwina said...

oops... me did it while at home la.. hehe... ur time of post seems different... i drop e comment at nite... last nite... heheh...

i've been ffk-ing ppl bout jogging... sad case...

LX said...

That's 'cos Ed forgot her running shoes weren't with her. HAhah!

Anyway.. you know.. when that thing happened in the flight, I was like, "uh oh.. I think I forgot to pray a mercy journey prayer before we took off"..

AiLing said...

Edwina- lol, so we ended up not going jogging after all :p

Lynn Xuan:- yeah, Rachel said the exact same thing 'Looks like you forgot to say a mercy prayer' she said.