Tuesday, June 5, 2007

A Brand New PC!!!

Well...haven't been updating for quite a while....which is surprising, considering that it's the holidays.

It is mainly because....my home PC was spoilt. The CPU couldn't be used anymore, the regulator was burnt. Had no idea why that happened....apparently my computer's CPU has been spoilt for so long....but my cousin who knew about it( because he used my PC when he was staying at my place for about a year or so while studying Graphic Design at LimKokWing university) didn't even utter a single word about it. Instead, he disconnected my computer's CPU...left it on the floor and connected the computer monitor to his own CPU, which he brought over all the way from Sibu instead.
So when he returned back to Sibu after one year ...only then I realised that the CPU was actually spoilt.

Well, there's always a blessing after a curse right? The good thing is that I got to purchase a brand new PC for my study room at home! Went to Wisma Saberkas aka the 'Low Yat Plaza' of Kuching to purchase a brand new 'acer' PC. It comes complete with 'Windows Vista', the latest Windows version available in the marketplace. According to the salesgirl, Windows Vista is stil not 'stable', as there are many websites and software which are not compatible with it yet. But it's ok...in time it will be fine, when people start using this latest version of Windows. I chose it over another cheaper package... because this package contains the original version of Windows and Office. It's no doubt more expensive....over 1,800 ringgit...but I think it's more worth it then having to avoid clicking on any updates for fear of jamming the computer had I purchased the illegal version.

So altogether...plus the modem and a new regulator....had to spend over 2,100 ringgit for this new purchase! But I'm loving my new PC at the moment. It has everything....the latest version of Microsoft Office...the latest Windows Media Player...and CD burner and DVD player.... The only thing that is bugging me at the moment is the slow internet connection. Oh well, I'm still using dial up at home.....so have to get used to slow dial-up!!

Thank you Tze Chien for helping me to install my new PC!! See, girls can do anything a guy can! ;)

And...lol, if you had been reading the chatterbox, you would've known that I couldn't get in a new entry yesterday, because of my blog being blocked by 'Spam Robots' on the basis that it has the characteristics of a spam blog. Wth? Lol. Anyways, glad that my blog is unlocked now. =)

I haven't been doing anything much for the past week ever since I got back to Kuching. Just waking up late, watching almost anything on Astro, having scumptuous meals, reading Sophie Kinsella, having family time, etc. I've to admit I feel kindof left out when my mum talks to my other family members about her business. You see, they are rennovating her shop right now. So she's busy now with the rennovation and all the other stuff regarding her beauty centre business. Top it off with her beauticans deciding to resign one by one. Yep, quite a stressful time for her, I must say.

Not looking forward to the 7th June!! Wish me good luck for the release of my exam results!! I really really hope that I pass, so that my entire holidays plans don't get jeopardized and go down the drain.

Right...until then, I'm signing off......

2 comments:

LX said...

Saberkas is like Low Yat? I don't recall it being like that years ago, but then again, I hear that it has now become so ancient and old! Sad lah. My usual hangout family place when I was young... cos loads of free parking!

AiLing said...

Well- it's not exactly Low Yat, lol...but I say so simply because there are many computer shops in Saberkas.

And talking about free parking in Saberkas...it's rather difficult nowadays to find parking in Saberkas...mum had to turn many floors before she could find any parking space that day.