Sunday, June 10, 2007

Just a little rant.....

I have a little rant today.....

Well, you see....late last night, I was watching episode 5 of Survivor : Fiji for a 2nd time ( the first time, I didn't really concentrate on it).
And then it finally hit me....women have so many weaknesses about them.
What sparked that thought in me was when I witnessed how the 2 remaining women in the Ravu tribe ( the other 3 have been voted out in the first 3 episodes), Michelle and Rita were doing all this girly talk in front of the men of the tribe, and the men weren't that amused. And they weren't exactly helpful in challenges either.

But even worse were the women in the opposing tribe....Moto...(the tribe which had been winning all the challenges all the while and had almost everything in their camp). Lisi and Stacy mistreated the people who aren't in their alliance, not wanting to teach them how to make coffee. Their alliancemates, Alex and Edgardo weren't impressed with their snotty behaviour...because this might cause Dreamz and Cassandra, the mistreated people, to deflect to the other tribe once the merge occurs. But Lisi and Stacy just simply wouldn't listen. To quote Alex ' How can you be so stupid?!'

Right for those of you who do not follow Survivor....( I think that should be the majority of you :p) I'm just ranting about how women in this latest season of my favourite programme can be so silly.

Of course, not all women are less than smart. But I think this episode reflects the truth in this world.... women have many imperfections and weaknesses about them. We get easily jealous of each other, we get too emotional at times, we get irrational and insensible, we gossip and talk bad about others behind their backs, and of course the classic....we are physical weaker than men.
Men, on the other hand, are stronger physically, they know how to keep their emotions in check, they are caring (well, most of them anyways), they support each other. Just take a look at the world today....majority of the rulers in different countries are still men, men make the best chefs in the world, they make the best surgeons, they are computer geniuses, they make the best students, they are practically good at everything. Guys do not need to study that hard to achieve good grades. While girls have to study their assess off to achieve the results that they want.

Which is why men have to rule over women. Which is why women always need men in their lives and always have to depend on men. This is also why guys are comfortable hanging out with other guys....this is also why many girls also feel much more comfortable hanging out with guys rather than other girls and have many male friends.

What has been bugging me all this while is why God made one gender weaker than the other. Of course we need 2 different genders in this world to continue the human race, but why must one gender rule over the other?

We weren't there in the Garden of Eden when Eve decided to listen to the Devil and eat the apple. We didn't prompt her. We didn't ask to be her followers. We were born to be her followers without any input or choice of our own. Let me tell you something- if humans were allowed to actually choose their own genders before birth, there would be very few women living in this world.

I guess this is just something that I need to accept as a fact of life.

Don't get me wrong, I am perfectly fine being a girl, and haven't really suffered the consequences of being one....I just need answers about certain issues in life.
And I totally admit that I myself have all these imperfections that other women have.

No offense to the female readers, this is certainly NOT intended as a personal attack on any of you, I'm just referring to women in general.


p.s. I challenge you readers, both male and female alike to list down the strengths that women have. Because right now I can't really think of any.

p.p.s Am starting elective tomorrow!

11 comments:

Zzzyun said...

wow this is an interesting post...

however, i do not think that woman are the weaker sex in general.

think of it, Y is a defective chromosome - most diseases are more prevalent in males.. doesnt that show u smtg? *winks*

and yesh, women are emotional animals but so are men, just tat they keep bottling it inside them, harmful. however, do u know that alot of guys like to go to women for their problems? they can't bring themselves to show weakness in front of their own counterparts. to me, that is a flaw.

btw, those reality shows are just acted out for the drama-ish element. and women are asked to portray their worst side. typical. (bet the director is a man!)

many leaders, chefs etc are men becoz it had been that way since long ago. ppl are afraid of change and will stop at no lengths to stop 'change'.

besides, dont u think that women sometimes are too busy caring for their families that they are unable to pursue their deepest desires?

most of the time, its the women who have to sacrifice themselves. most of the time, its the men who are the ones unfaithful, the one who left the family...

so women are the greatest! :P

AiLing said...

zzzyun- what an interesting comment as well! ;)

Thx for getting my hopes up on my fellow Eve followers, hehe.

Well, maybe women do have strengths about them, it's just that our strengths are more subtle.

Ha...the comment about many men being unfaithful partners, yes indeed, but that always tends to be overlooked somehow. ;) There is always this double standard against women....they always tend to be blamed for any misfortune that strikes them.

Well, ,maybe the 2 different sexes are supposed to complement each other?

LX said...

Jesus never look down on women. Neither did he condemn there. Look at the passages in the Bible; the one on the women involved in adultery where the guy escaped but the women was about to be stoned. I am amazed at how Jesus handled it.

I won't say that we are weaker, but I would say we have got many different qualities. God made us out of man's ribs.. so that we can stand side by side with him. He did not make us out of man's leg bone for him to step on us women. Isn't that great?

I don't mind submitting to a man one day in marriage.. I wish I could, but very unlikely lah.

porknuggets said...

firstly, i totally agree that man is the dominating race. hahahahaha
*evil smile*

no la... just joking....JOKING!!
i have a lot of things to say about ur post which is too long to list here. i will be blogging about this soon..interesting topic. hehehe

my stand? i dont think girls are more comfy with guys. reli meh? then y dun i have many girl-friends? hahahahaha.... sorry very very bored here. =)

k0k s3n w4i said...

@zzzyun
The two X chromosomes in women codes for the same stuff anyway - so it's surplus. The Y chromosome, on the other hand, codes for extra stuff that women don't have, bwahahaha. To be more speshul, we sacrificed a bit so we can be superior - the extra chance for genetic diseases are what have to live with because of our commitment to perfection *nose in air*

Plus, women has higher tendencies for autoimmune diseases anyway. kind of poetic - too much self-agonizing and internal conflicts XD

@ailing
I have great respect for women, btw, and I can't help being offended on their (your?) behalf. Christianity had done a lot of good, but its historically patriarchal organization (the blame falls on humans here) had somewhat demeaned women - the witch trials, etc.

Sure, women does not rule the world, or get better chances at job positions, but let us not forget women hold one of the most noble, thankless jobs in the world - as mothers.

You need to expand your perception of 'Greatness'. For me, the love, the pain and the miracle that all the mothers ever lived went thru in raising a child - that's 'great' enough for me.

Zzzyun said...

to k0k> are u sure that both X chromosomes code for the same stuff? i read somewhr that they code for different stuff... and tat is why the Y chromosome that is shortly lacking compared to its counterpart causes men to hav increased tendency towards more diseases.

luckily tho, u redeemed urself abt women being mothers as one of the most noble jobs in the world. i miss that point out.

if i'd to sum it up, let's just say that both sexes have diff strengths and weaknesses. but we somehow complement and need each other.

but its just that women is the gender that is more suppressed, imho.

k0k s3n w4i said...

@zzzyun

You have heard of Barr bodies/sex chromatins and Lyonization have you?

here's something; LINK

Different X-chromosomes may be active at any given time in the various cells in a female body, but their activity is interchangeable - because they have the same sort of genes in each loci (it's what we call homology, though there may be genotypal variation, but that's beside the point). It may be argued that the Barr body may be active in a minimal way, but again, that is still in research - and even if proven, it still does not discredit my argument.

Y isn't lacking. it's a totally different sort of chromosome. what men is lacking is the extra X-chromosome. It is interesting to note that the Y chromosome has the least defects of all the chromosomes - and is directly responsible for the least amount of genetic diseases. most of the sex-diseases came from defects in the X-chromosome (what we call X-linked diseases).

It is not the Y that's lacking. It's the lack of the extra X. The default sex is female (as shown evidently by persons suffering fr Turner's syndrome. Y makes a person into a man. A man is (to put it as simply as I can) is an upgraded version of a woman (also interestingly, some scientists insisted that that fact refutes the book of Genesis that Eve was made from Adam. It's the other way round, so say them)

AiLing said...

Lynnx01:- Cool!! Because I admit earlier on( about a few montha ago), I was under the impression that the Bible didn't really regard women highly. *blushes* I know I'm not supposed to think like that, but I did.
About God making women from man's ribs- this is still the argument made by many parties to support the reason why men rule over women.
'You women are made from men's ribs, so you should be considered inferior to men!'

JoonHeng- You don't have many girlfriends? Never got that impression.....You do strike me as someone who respects women =)
But it's true though- I notice that they are many girls who simply love being around boys- my housemate Fang Han is a very good example.

Kok- Wow, great to see you here! Came over from zzzyun's blog yeah? ;) Welcome!!
I do agree that being a mother is one of the most noble jobs ever. *nods* Why didn't I think of that yesterday!

You mentioned Turner's Syndrome? That sounds all too familiar to me. ;)

LX said...

Talking about girls are more comfy with guy friends.. guess what. I went out dinner with 5 (yes, that's FIVE!!) guy friends just now. I am happily the only girl. Hahahah

AiLing said...

Lynnx01:- Cool!! You're really enjoying your holidays at the moment yeah? =)

Btw, let me clarify something....I definitely have nothing against girls getting along better with guys....it's totally fine if the girl feels more comfy around guys.
I'm just stating it as a matter of fact.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ailing,

Just skimmed through your various blogs and this one caught my eye in particular. I especially have to disagree with your comment about men having to work less in order to achieve academic results. From my personal experience, the top students in my year, whether primary school, high school or medicine have always been girls.

However, that's not to say I'm a feminist. I agree with your friends about men and women having different strengths and hence complementing one another. For example, men are better able to focus on one task, but women are blessed at being able to multi-task.

Anyway, will slowly go through the rest of your blogs now.

Bibi