Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My brand new haircut....and other stuff......


Yep, I got a brand new haircut today. Rushed to the saloon downstairs my mum's shop at 7pm to get it done before the saloon closed at 8.

To be honest, I don't really like the look of it. Too tomboyish, IMO. However, on the bright side, it now feels much lighter, looks much neater, and is much easier to maintain.

I don't like how my hair tends to grow so quickly and so thick, so much so that it looks rather messy if I don't tie it up or use a hairband. Before the haircut, my hair was not long enough to be tied, and hairbands only make me look more immature than I already am.
So...my hair did look messy. But now it looks neat! =)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was flooding badly in Kuching this afternoon. The rain poured down very heavily, and as a result, flash floods occured at several parts of the city. My mum's shop was situated in one of the flooded areas, what a strategic location heh. I couldn't even enter her shop this afternoon after work, the entire row of shops was surrounded by flood water. ( Arrghh....regretted not bringing my camera). So had to take off my shoes, and waddle right into the murky flood water. All that while, I was trying hard not to think of any parasite eggs which I might've stepped on in the muddy water. Well, now I don't remember which parasites breed in the water and which diseases spread through floods. I only remember cholera. *choi!!*

If I'm not mistaken, KL also experienced flash floods just a couple of days ago.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working as a journalist/newspaper reporter is fun!! You get to go to functions and meet VIPs, get served free refreshments, get to travel throughout the country, and best of all, the workload isn't that great. Morning, you come to the office, read the day's newspapers, attend a function, come back and type one or two stories- submit them to the editor, and that's it- you're done for the day!
I'm envious, I admit it.

I've got a confession to make, I can actually afford to visit my blog multiple times while at work :P Haven't really mastered the courage to actually write a new entry at work though, lol.

But there is this special style of writing which you've to muster. You cannot be too long-winded. Also, you cannot afford to make a single mistake, or else you would get bombarded by various parties.

But I'm starting to accept that maybe medicine is really what I am meant to do, and not journalism.

Will keep you guys updated about my time working in 'The Star' aka my elective period. ;)


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding my previous post....I expected more uproar than this :P Guys, where are you, you're supposed to defend yourselves, you know!! ;) Before I start saying that - yes, it is so typical of them to shy away...........I don't want an argument in my blog, I just want some intelligent debate.

8 comments:

Zzzyun said...

oh. i used to have such a problem with my hair.. it growing too quickly and too thick for my liking. made me look like a mushroom head. blek.

but after i left my hair long (and it started falling out more - must be due to med sch, heh) i look more normal, haha.

next time try getting a super layerred cut - it'll def look nice and feels airy too! =)

AiLing said...

zzzyun- cutting my hair in layers would only make my hair grow even faster. :P
Thanks for the advise though!!

LX said...

Yay, sama gang with me - cut hair! ahahah..

I heard about the floods too. They claim Miri also flooded but everyday seems sunny to me. One thing I'm pretty sure - it won't flood at my area. If flood, the entire Miri tenggelam! Hahah

AiLing said...

Lynnx01- *high five*
Your new haircut looks great though! Mine, I dunno...

So you are staying at a higher area of Miri?

Zzzyun said...

aiya, sama punya wan lah..

however u cut ur hair, the rate it grows is the same eh.. hehe.

getting a layerred haircut gives volume to ur look and a nice shape.

and it's a great way to thin out those parts that u think are too puffy~ lol.

AiLing said...

Yeah...I actually layered my hair several times before, trying something new now ;) Anyways, it'll grow back in no time.

LX said...

My dad thinks we can escape tsunami by choosing higher grounds. Hahaha.. come Miri one of these days, I can bring you around!

AiLing said...

Lynnx01:- sure! Will definitely visit you when I go to Miri!!