Sunday, June 24, 2007

'Lost'


Nope, I'm not lost literally. Nor am I being overpowered by the feeling of being lost.

I am talking about the hit American TV show......'Lost'.

As you probably know by now, I am a huge fan of American TV shows. I dunno why. I just simply love everything about America. And visiting the country is on my list of things to do before I leave this world.

Anyways, back to 'Lost', I admit that I've never bothered to watch the programme before. Was too busy with work and studying during school days. Downloading 'Survivor' and 'The Apprentice' was enough for me.
But now since it's the holidays and all, I decided to give it a try.

And it turned out not bad at all. I could catch on to the plot rather quickly.....before this I knew that the show was basically about a group of strangers who survived a plane crash and subsequently were stranded on an island....but that was the limit of my knowledge of the show.

Over these past few weeks, I slowly got to know the characters- both the survivors and 'The Others' one by one. The trio who got captured by 'The Others'- Jack, Kate and Sawyer, really grew on me. Loved seeing them gracing my screen the most. Liked Sawyer and Kate's coupling. Quite a cute couple really. Evangeline Lily has really grown on me the latest episode I watched.
It happened to be a 'Kate flashback' episode, and we got to know more about her character....
how she was actually a fugitive running away from cops after killing her own dad, and ended up marrying a cop and then turning away from him.

Other characters whose flashbacks I got to see were Eko, Jack and Sun- the Korean lady.

I wish I can get to know more about 'The Others' though. That character Juliet remains an enigma to me. Is she a villian like the others, or is she actually a good person who is being controlled by Ben? I don't know.

(spoiler alert)

Jack should just let Ben die on the operating table....hahah. It's so obvious that his enemies arent' going to keep their word and release him even if he succeeds in curing Ben. See...they are about to kill Sawyer! Gah.

(/end spoiler)

Heroes, on the other hand......I tried to watch the show as well, but somehow I just couldn't really get into the gist of that show. People having special powers don't really fascinate me.....such things like that don't occur in real life.
I'm the type that likes watching shows or movies which depict real life happenings, rather than fantasy.

Right.....enough of my pointless blabbering. Lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went to court for the first time in my life on Friday. Don't worry....I wasn't being accused of any crime......I was just following Sharon to cover a court case.

No comments: