Monday, June 25, 2007

Meeting up with Friends

It's been quite a while since I met up with my ex-schoolmates and collegemates. Somehow, I'm always lazy to keep in touch with them, always making excuses every holiday, like 'they are not back in Malaysia yet', 'I'm busy studying for resits', 'they didn't even drop me a line mah'.

The actual truth was.....I was never really close to my classmates in Lodge School. I preferred to keep to myself most of the time. As a result, I didn't have that many friends then.
Now I might've improved on my social skills, but it didn't change that fact.

Anyways, last week, the night when I was feeling bored at mum's shop.....guess who I met at the central market where we went to have an extremely late dinner? A group of my ex-classmates!! My fellow ex-Lodgians. They called my name. I couldn't recognize them at first....it has been ....what....more than 5 years since I last saw them.
But there they were, sitting right in front of me.
One is already working, he quit his job two weeks ago. Another is in his final year of medicine in UK, so are a few others who aren't back here at the moment. And another, whom I admit that I didn't really like those days, has grown up to be a fine young man.

On Monday, when I was out for lunch, I met up with an ex-collegemate. She was in a rush then, so didn't really get to chat with her. But her elder sister is married and expecting her first child. She'll be back here for two months. She has my handphone no. so hopefully we can meet up sometime soon!

2 comments:

LX said...

It's fun meeting up with friends. I sometimes meet with friends I hardly talked with back then in school. Amazing how now we can chat like old time buddies. Hahah..

AiLing said...

Lynnx01:- Yeah, I agree. It is great to meet up and keep in touch with old friends.