Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Post-EOS celebrations

WHEEEEE!!!!!! The exams are finally over.

Whee!!!!!!!!! First year of medicine over ( well , almost except for electives and rotation posting). And provided I don't have to resit. *crosses fingers*

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more having to remember the different layers of the epidermis and the different types of connective tissue in the body.

No more having to remember about beta-oxidation and fatty acid synthesis and Krebs cycle and glycolysis and gluconeogenis.

No more having to remember the various structures of the bones and the different types of bones. No more having to remember the different muscles and how muscles contract.

No more having to remember the different types of blood cells.

No more having to remember the different types of immunoglobulins and T-lymphocytes.

No more having to remember words such as Plasmodium falciparum, Taenia Saginata, Toxoplasma Gondii, Leishmaniasis, Cryptosporum parvum, Giardia Lambdia, Blastocystis Hominis, and Clonorchis sinensis and getting those words stuck in my head as a result.

No more having to remember about acute and chronic inflammation, the different stages of healing and repair, the different types of necrosis and the different types of neoplasm.

No more having to remember the names of cholinergic and nicotinic receptor agonists and antagonists. No more having to remember the names of adrenergic agonists and antagonists.

Well, of course I still have to remember all these things for the rest of my life ( or my medical career at least) but finally I can afford to push these stuff temporarily out of my mind.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watched 'Pirates of the Carribean.'
Went shopping.
Bought my first Sophie Kinsella book...'.Confessions of a Shopaholic.'
Went bowling and discovered that my bowling really sucks big time.
Went Karoake-ing.
Went to dine at Sushi King.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh ya.....the exams.....

SAQ ( Short answer Question) segment was HORRIBLE for me. I left out a lot of questions. Some....I was very sure I came across before....but the answers just simply can't come out. A couple of questions....I couldn't answer them because I left out on reading the notes. Meh :/

MCQ was fine. OSPE was much better than SAQ.

So.....the waiting game begins. Results will be out on 7th June. Now it's all out of my hands, and all I can do is wait. And leave it all up to Him.



p.s. Thank you guys for coming over to my house the night before the exams to pray for me :) Really appreciate it. Appreciated the exam tips, especially the one on not pondering on one question for too long because time is limited. Thanks for others for endless support and encouragement! Is was indeed a really stressful time for me.

p.p.s. Going back to Kuching tomorrow! My flight was delayed to late at night....heh. Now, it's finally the LONG holidays.....I can't recall the last time I had a longer-than-one-week holiday!

p.p.p.s. Learnt that I am actually going to get paid for my elective in 'The Star'. Omg, me earning money for the first time!! Ok, now, don't get excited Ailing.....you have to pass your EOS first. Hmmph...

And now....enjoy the pics below!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Me, Fang Han, Li Cin and Yen Bee


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Chong Bing, Yen Bee, me, Fang Han and Ramzi at the Bowling Alley in Times Square

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Housemate Fang Han cutting her birthday cake....her birthday is coming soon, and we celebrated it earlier for her, because we are all breaking up for the holidays

4 comments:

gray said...

hi i like reading ur posts. keep blogging!

AiLing said...

Hey Gary!!
Thanks ya....and keep visiting!! :)

LX said...

HOLIDAYS!!!! Happy hols!! Nevermind about June 7. I'll ignore that day first. Hehe.

AiLing said...

Happy holidays!!

I don't wanna think about June 7th too. I don't wanna resit AGAIN. You, on the other hand, I'm certain you'll do well ;)