Wednesday, June 6, 2007

OMG!!!!!!



Just one sentence. One simple sentence. But it's enough to send me jumping to the moon and back. Jk. But yes, I'm in 7th Heaven right now. The joy, the elation. That's all I needed to know. Whatever grade I get....be it a B or a C, it doesn't matter anymore. The most important thing is that....I passed the End of Semester exams!!! Now, I can proceed on to my 2nd year of medicine with confidence!


FINALLY, I passed an exam on my first try. For the first time in the past few years, I do not have to go through the horrendous torture of sitting for resit exams.


YES, I DO NOT HAVE TO RESIT THIS HOLIDAYS!! Now, I can fully enjoy the rest of my holidays without any worries or burdens!!!


Omg, this is pure joy.


Eta: Alright, now that I'm more composed....actually now I realize that the very first emotions I felt upon learning that I passed the exam was...not exactly joy or elation. Instead, I felt a sense of relief overtake me. Relieved. Very relieved. Had I not passed, I wouldn't be able to do my elective in 'The Star' for the next 2 weeks, thus again robbing me of a golden opportunity to gain working experience. My Europe plans for the month of July....going for graduation, and the trip to Barcelona, would be in utter chaos, and I would have had to cancel or reschedule all my flight bookings.
So I really thank God that I passed!!!
I remember those times when I was studying Neuroscience in Cardiff. I had to resit a couple of modules every single year. It was really a tocher for me. And those times, when I eagerly checked my long awaited results in anticipation....only to find out that I had failed one or two modules...and had to resit them again. The tears of disappointment that I shed. And subsequently, having more than half of my summer holidays gone on studying for resits. The embarrassment I felt when I couldn't attend last year's graduation ceremony together with my coursemates, because I had not passed.
Thank God those days are over.
Thank God that I finally can get to attend this years Neuroscience graduation ceremony, even if
it isn't with my original group of coursemates.

God is still Good. He makes sure that everything will work out fine for me in the end. =)

10 comments:

LX said...

Congrats, Ailing.

AiLing said...

Thanks =)

Am very relieved.

You passed too, right? *is waiting for your SMS reply*

Anonymous said...

congrats dearie! enjoy your well-deserved long holiday :)

AiLing said...

Sarah!! =)

Thanks ya. Yep, finally got a well-deserved break. Hehe.
Hope Sem 4 is going on well for you!!

And thanks for your support all this while!!

LX said...

Yes, Ailing. I passed. Thank God.

AiLing said...

Received your SMS. Congrats and Thank God!! =)

Zzzyun said...

congrats on passing!!

told ya that with faith and hard work, you'll do well. =) now time for a well-deserved break for you guys.

*i still have a long way to slog on*

AiLing said...

Thanks zzzyun!!

Johnny Ong said...

congrats to u

AiLing said...

Thanks! =)