Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Random blurbs

So today it is Chong Bing's birthday. It must have started out just as an ordinary day for him. PBL in the afternoon, lectures after that. And today we had not only 2, but 3 lectures!!! One on Rheumatic Fever, the 2nd one on Infective Endocarditis and the 3rd one....
Dr.Rajesh Kumar came in LT2 at 6:15pm, supposedly to give a second lecture on ECG *yawn*. Everyone settled down as usual, the powerpoint presentation was being set up, albeit very slowly. Then Dr.Rajesh began to discuss the learning objectives of the lecture......which was..........to celebrate someone's birthday!
Then he asked.....'is there someone named Chong Bing in this class? Happy birthday.'
Yeap.....actually there wasn't a lecture on ECG at all. It was just a ploy between Chong Bing's friends and Dr. Rajesh on throwing him a surprise something for his birthday. It was actually really sweet of Dr. Rajesh to agree to be part of this plan. Ramzi entered the class with 2 huge cakes, which we all got to share. I bet that Chong Bing must be really touched by all this. I could hear him exclaiming 'Oh my God' or something along that lines several times after the secret was being revealed. He must have been really grateful to have such wonderful friends and classmates!

Talking about birthdays, my housemate Li Cin's birthday is coming up soon as well ( next week)....so it's time for me and Fang Han to start planning on what to do for her birthday!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So study leave is about 2 and a half weeks away. Initially, I didn't want to go back to Kuching for the study break, for fear that I would be too lazy to come back here. Maybe my mum can come over here to pay me a visit instead (if she has something to attend to in KL). But then, today I found out that both of my housemates are going back to their hometowns for about a week or so, during the study break. Which means that I would be alone at my place! Now, as a person who values privacy, I don't mind that so much. It's just that KL is not a safe place to stay alone....especially for a girl....
So now I am wondering whether I should go back to Kuching for the study break as well....Hmmm.... I just SMSed my mum just now and she said that it's basically up to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I can be oversensitive at times. Whenever someone says something, at times I tend to take it too seriously and keep it in my heart. This isn't good, and I need to work on changing this attitude of mine. Maybe that's why sometimes people are afraid to tell me something or to voice out their opinions to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One topic that I feel strongly about is feminism. I know that most females are content with what they have and don't feel the need to fight for their or other females's rights. However, I don't like how women tend to submit themselves to men and make themselves feel inferior compared to men, so much so that they let men misuse, mistreat and abuse them.

One pet peeve of mine is how girls get so excited and giggly everytime they see boys or are around boys. Please, guys are also humans.....not supermen or some superior beings ...... Granted, not all girls are like that, but you get my drift...
Hmmm......maybe when I actually get a boyfriend in the future, that might change......

I realize that it's harder for women to support each other, compared to men. This maybe because women tend to get jealous of each other more easily, and become catty towards each other, whereas men tend to be more supportive of each other.

I know that 1 Peter :3 tells wives to submit themselves to their husbands. The first time I read that verse was the first time I found myself not agreeing with a verse in the Bible. However, when I read on, I realized that the passage did not mean what I initially thought it meant.....women actually have their own strengths.

It's time that we, women stand up for ourselves! Why is it so hard to do so?

I came across this blog entry by Wendy (a famous Singaporean blogger) in her website
http://xiaxue.blogspot.com/2006/09/weak-women.html and found it really interesting.....do check it out! ( I know it's way outdated, but it's worth a read)

4 comments:

Zzzyun said...

wow. that sure is one great way of surprising someone on his bday.. bravo! ^^

and i think u shldnt worry abt staying alone for 2 weeks. i stayed alone for 2 months b4..and it's really nothing. do u think ur hsemates wud be able to really help if anytin happens (assuming they dunno any martial arts)..? u get my drift. just take safety precautions, shld be fine. =)

yeah i totally support feminism! but hey, thr's nothing wrong with getting excited over the boy u like. (note: i say boy, not boyS) but no bimbo-like behaviour pls. even i cant tahan that. lol.

AiLing said...

Oh hey Zi Yun!

Thx for your advice =)

LX said...

Don't go back lah... teman me.. cos I'm not going back too. If so many people are going back, I feel like going back too. We can encourage each other. Pls, pls?

AiLing said...

Actually, I've booked my tickets to go back already. Sorry :(