Sunday, April 1, 2007

Happy April Fools!!!

Well....I didn't originally intend to make a blog post today....but here goes...

First off....Happy April Fools Day! For me personally, it's just another normal day....or supposed to be. But that was until I got April Fooled. Or rather....Naomied..... twice.

First time round....we were waiting at the church lobby for someone to usher us in. I was just standing around, when suddenly Naomi ( my Sem 3 senior) whispered to me.....'Ailing, your zip is down'. As predicted, I panicked a little and whispered back that I was gonna go to the toilet to sort that out. Then suddenly she said 'Happy April Fools!' Omg. Yeap, I smacked her with the newspaper I was holding, hehe. Naughty naughty girl. (Zi Yun- is she this naughty in class? :P)

But seriously though- I cannot imagine what our cell group or Sunday noons will be like without her around. She is so cheerful and fun-loving, mischievious but at the same time caring.....she's a breath of fresh air. * cyber hugs Naomi* Hmm......wonder whether she reads this or not, I did send her an invitation after all.

Oh yeah....about the 'big announcement' that Jia Hou wanted to make. Well.....it was indeed a big annoucement after all. Our Cell Group (Group E30- which composes of IMU students and is held at PBL room 17 every Friday at 1pm) is going to be dissolved. Which means that all of us, the E30 group members would be split up from now on. No more City Harvest IMU cell group. *cries*
The Pharmacy students and Debbie (Sem 4) would be joining Jennifer's group and me, Li Cin, David and Naomi would be joining Greg's sister's cell group ( I forgot what is her name) and the rest will join another cell group. The main reason for splitting us up was that Sally, the previous cell group leader, had left to UK, and Jia Hou the guitarist is leaving to Singapore soon.

I've to admit that I was quite shocked at first. It would take quite a while for me to get used to this new arrangement....but we'll manage...I hope. Plus, we'll get to meet some new friends outside of IMU! And cell groups would be more like what an actual cell group SHOULD be....going to someone's house and fellowshipping over tea or supper in the midst of the usual Bible study, worship and stuff. Yes...cell group would now be more like my Friday nights in Cardiff. ( Can't you see I still miss Cardiff?)

I should learn to be more flexible to change.

Right....I guess that's it from me for now.....



p.s.... Will miss being in the same cell group as Debbie and Shio Yen ( sem 5). But then again, I will see them around in uni anyways. Plus, I still have Bible Study with Debbie.

No comments: