Monday, April 23, 2007

A little mishap....

Haha....something a little weird happened to me today.......

At 6:30 pm, housemate Li Cin and I returned back home, both tired and worn out from a long day of CSU (for me), a trip to Low Yat , dance class, MMS (for her) and lectures (for us both). (Housemate Fang Han stayed behind at uni for dinner).

I took out my bunch of keys, and finding the grill key, used it to turn open the grill door. But it wouldn't bulge. I tried again and again, but to no avail.
Li Cin then tried to open the grill using her own key, but the grill wouldn't open either.

We looked at each other puzzled. Is there something wrong with our grill door? We suspected that the grill lock was jammed somehow.

So I rushed down to the guard house to call one of the guards up to assist us. Try with all his might, he couldn't open the grill as well.

He went down, and a while later came up with a number for us to call. Not thinking clearly, I immediately dialled the number only to discover that it was the number of a company specializing in grill locks ( I think). They would come to repair our grill lock.... but we would be charged RM 100 for their services. What?! RM100 just to repair a damn grill door which suddenly became so stubborn through no fault of our own? This is ridiculous.

Anyways....our landlady was out for a dinner and would only be back at 11pm. So the last resort is......haha....that's right....call Mum. After a bit of discussion, she passed the phone to her friend who told me to turn the key on the lock while shaking the grill door. Filled with doubt, I tried and of course failed. My housemate Li Cin decided to just give it another try.
Turning the key in the lock and shaking the grill.........and suddenly the grill OPENED.

So the conclusion of the matter was......we didn't need to waste RM100 after all......and my housemate learnt that she can be even stronger than a security guard working at vista B.
Lol!!!


p.s. A woman won the latest season of 'The Apprentice (US version)!!' It's high time too, because out of the 5 winners it produced so far, only one was female ( Kendra Todd). Maybe Donald Trump isn't sexist afterall. (ehem.....I don't think he actually is, but can't he just start accepting truly competent female candidates for the show?) Congrats to......alright I wouldn't mention her name, just in case Malaysian TV suddenly decides to air this season and some of you actually watch the show and do not want to be spoilt. Tv3, please stop airing reruns of season 5 of the Apprentice, and just freakin' start airing this latest season 6 already!!

p.p.s Did you guys watch 'American Idol' last Friday night? Let's just say that all is fair and square now .....in the world of singing competitions.

p.p.s Do check back on this blog for the next couple of days, because I have a dedication post coming up then for someone special. *Hint* They are mentioned in this blog post.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AiLing said...

Amy!!! :) *hugs* So glad to hear from you! Send my regards to Jon!!

Umm....not sure whether I would be returning to the UK or not....I chose the MBBS programme, meaning that I am going to Seremban for my clinical years. And even if I decide to switch to the Partner Medical School programme, I would most probably opt for Australian universities instead this time....

Maybe we can meet up in Kuching!! Is there any chance you both are coming back to Kuching for a visit anytime soon?

A yacht? Oh...you mean the one I got for my 21st birthday? Well, something unfortunate happened, and it was sold away. :(

Do keep in touch ya!!!

With a title *Faith *Hope & *Love said...

haha ailing.. next time call me mah... maybe i cant help.. but i can see... haha..lol

AiLing said...

Hey Kelvin! :)
Thanks for dropping by! Lol, I forgot that you stay in Tower B. Had I remembered, I *might* have called you....thanks for offering anyways, haha

LX said...

You've got a yatch before??? Tell me about it.

AiLing said...

Yes, I do....I mean I did. It was a yatch my mum bought for me for my 21st birthday. I don't know why....but she did. Anyways, it was used to bring people out fishing and scuba diving and for relaxing times.
But let's just say that something happened during one of the scuba diving trips to my mum's good friend, so he can't scuba dive anymore, so we sold the yatch away.