Friday, April 6, 2007

Latest Happenings......
















Sorry for such a boring title.....I am simply too tired right now to think of a more creative one, heh.


On Tuesday- me, my housemates, Chong Bing, Ramzi and Wen Chong went to Times Square in the afternoon ( after lectures) to catch a movie. I was disappointed to find out that 'Bridge to Terabithia' was not screening anymore! So we had to settle for another movie. We had a tough time initially deciding which movie to watch. We certainly didn't want to watch a scary movie- well, not me at least. The guys have watched Mr.Bean already, and they didn't think that it was a good movie worth watching a second time. Finally, after much deliberation, we all settled for 'Meet The Robinsons'.

To be honest, I am not really into animated movies. However, I do admit that some animated movies are great ones worth watching, such as 'Tarzan', 'The Lion King' and 'Mulan'.


Something weird happened during the first 20 minutes or so of screening time. We were surprised to see a short animated feature of Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, production of Walt Disney. We all looked at each other questioningly. The unspoken question written on our faces was 'What on earth is this?! Have we ventured into the wrong theatre or something? Have we caught the wrong movie?' But it was a good laugh though.


Then.....finally the actual movie came on, and we all heaved a sigh of relief. Lol. The movie was actually not bad at all...worth a relaxing afternoon. You have to not expect so much out of the movie, and instead just sit back, relax and enjoy the experience. Though I've to admit that some parts were rather confusing. For example....there is this character(Michael aka 'Goob') who is supposed to be the roommate, the good friend and the enemy of the main character, Lewis.

Yeah- you wouldn't comprehend what I'm talking about- until you watch the movie yourself. So go watch the movie, peeps! :D

One important message that I can take away from this movie is........'Keep moving forward!!!' Yeah!!



On Monday- we had our very first PBL session with our new facilitator. Basically- my PBL groupmates still remain the same, only the facilitators change. I miss my previous faci, CKK. ( I still don't know what his real name is, Lol!) Anyways, my new facilitator's name is ......*checks timetable*.... Miss Wong Shew Fung. K. She is one funny lady. And nice too. I don't know about the first impression that I gave her though- walking noncholantly into the PBL room, stiffling a giggle and holding a slice of pizza on one hand. And suddenly I spotted this unfamiliar person sitting right opposite me. And suddenly the realization hit me that it was our new faci- uh oh. I quickly stuffed the pizza into my mouth.

Anyways- back to Miss Wong- during the PBL (1) trigger session, she guided us a lot- by giving us clues as to what learning topics she wants us to write down. For the 2nd session, the presentation one- she undertook a more laid back approach, and let us present our stuff first before giving her comments at the very end.


I LOVE my PBL group, btw. Practically everyone in the group takes an active part in the group discussion, and we are always so eager to share any bit of info that we have found.....so much so that we have to fight for the right to speak up- or else we would simply be 'overshadowed' by the others! To William, Hooi Hooi, Sharon, Hui Wen, Kim Long, Chih Ying, Priya, Teck Cheng and Afiq- you guys are the best PBL group mates that I can ever find!!



Today- we had Islam class presentation. I was grouped with Mastura and Sarah. I have a confession to make.... we only started preparing for our presentation one or two days ago!!! And I just started searching for pictures last night! I don't know how we managed to pull it through ( I was really hoping- almost praying in fact, that we didn't need to present today. But alas, lady luck was not on our side) but we did! Special thanks to Mastura, for being such a natural speaker and who was able to pull off a formidable presentation, despite the circumstances. I presented the pictures I found at the end.



Tonight- I went to the very first City Harvest CG meeting for my new cell group!! I got to meet my new cell group members for the first time tonight. They are a nice and friendly bunch of people who welcomed us into their cell group with open arms. ( It was held in the leader's house in Bukit Jalil). One thing that I was not prepared for was the fact that almost all the existing members in the group- spare for 2, were guys. Now that me, housemate Rachel, and Naomi have joined the group- there are more girls in it now. But before that, it was just Laverne ( the cell leader) and Yvonne. Never mind, at least I have a chance to mix around with more guys now...haha. One of them....Kelvin, hails from Kuching as well. He is from Batu Kawa as well.....but I suspect it 's the other one- the one across the Sarawak river. I like Laverne's style of Bible teaching- almost similar to Sally's(our previous CG leader)- but that was because she had been learning from Sally!


After cell group was over, we all went to a restaurant for supper. Quite a variety of food there, took quite a while to decide what I wanted to have! Apparently, it was Yvonne's birthday after midnight- so we celebrated her birthday at the same time. Yippie!! She got a huge waffle with 5 scoops of ice-cream on top. Yum...and one HUGE jug of teh ais. But yeah....we ended up sharing all these anyways. Hehe....

Alright....do check out the pictures above!!

p.s ugh! I don't understand a single thing about the ECG lecture! Have to read up!!

p.p.s Only a week into CVS- and I'm already behind in my lecture notes....







2 comments:

LX said...

I'm also not an animation fan. The previous time I caught up with my old primary school friend, she wanted to watch movie.. ended we watched Happy Feet. I was so reluctant at first, but in the end, not too bad..

AiLing said...

I didn't watch 'Happy Feet'. Heard that it is sort of a musical. Some people liked it- but my friend in Kuching thought that it was boring.

Even though I'm not really into animated movies- there are some of them (especially Disney ones ) which are rather good.