Monday, June 9, 2008

Weary....

I am tired and weary. Tired of having to please others all the time. Tired of having all my actions being defined by how others would perceive me. Weary of having to meet up to the expectations of others. Weary of making others upset because of something I fail to do. Tired of having to keep this smiling face all the time, so that people don't see me as this moody and grumpy person.

Maybe I should just focus back on God and focus on what God wants me to do. And block out the rest.

2 comments:

Zzzyun said...

expectations.

sometimes they build us to be better ppl. but sometimes they can challenge our limits to be the person they want us to be.

it's hard.

to be always on the guard. to be always ready to pan to others' needs. to be always with a smile in case ppl catch u off guard and think u're sulking.. when actually tats ur normal expressionless face.

i understand coz i used to be like tat. until i got sick of doing it.. now i try hard to fulfill the expectations of my own. (which is not easy, considering exam is coming! yikes*)

AiLing said...

Yeah...it's hard no matter how hard we try.

I'm glad someone else understands where I'm coming from :)