Saturday, June 21, 2008

I never learn

It's that time of the semester again.......everyone including me begin slogging for the upcoming summative exams. We have not 2, but 3 systems to cover this time! So much to study, so little time.

I don't feel confident at all for this exam. I still have a lot to study.

And who is to be blamed? Me myself, of course. I never learn.
Everytime, the same thing happens. The exams are just around the corner, and I start panicking and stressing out about the amount of revision I have left to cover. I see everyone else feeling calm and prepared, and I start telling myself- they have studied a lot already and they are confident.

Then the exam day arrives- I barely scrap through.

And I tell myself that I would turn over a new leaf and start preparing early for the next exam so that the same thing doesn't happen again.

But somehow, I just can't find the motivation in me to start revision for exams earlier. Keeping up with daily lecture notes - no problem for me, but revising before an exam....I just can't seem to start. I don't know why.

Then, the next exam draws near, and I start panicking again and wondering why I didn't start my revision earlier.

The exact same thing happens again.

It is like a vicious cycle that I need to break out of.

Lord help me!!


*throws hands up in the air exasperatedly


p.s. I fried some fish today :)

2 comments:

LX said...

Ailing, I think that not everyone who looks calm and prepared means he or she has studied a lot. For eg, people like me.. I can never study the day before exam. I end up watching tv, going online (like now!!) and of course, feeling guilty altogether. But that's my way of coping with the exam stress.

AiLing said...

Well, different people have different methods of studying. I tend to go on a last minute studying binge during the pre-exam day, and it doesn't help.

Not that studying early helps....I tend to totally forget everything I've studied a few days before.