Wednesday, June 11, 2008

How I destress

Want to know the ways in which I relieve stress? (this is updated- meaning these are the most current methods I'm using. Past methods are now considered irrelevant ;) )

1. Listening to Christian songs (the songs that Eunice kindly burned into a CD for me. I've been replaying them over and over again. There are all my favourite songs!)

2. Talking to others. I have to be careful not to irritate others by my complaining of how stressed I am. :P I know others are in the same situation as me and are stressed too!

3. Popping in the 'Lost' Season 1 DVD. Ok- this is NOT a good example, so do not follow!
When I feel like I cannot take it anymore, I just pop one of the season 1 Lost DVDs and watch one episode, while studying at the same time. It is nice reliving those good old days in season 1, when the survivors still harbored hope of rescue, when the only threats on the island were Smokey and the Polar Bear. (No mention of The Others or the Freighties then). And the squabbles among the Survivors were just due to some silly misunderstanding or miscommunication among them. How things have changed since then! And how characters like Sun and Sawyer have evolved into the people they are now! (Sun into the corporate raider in the future and Sawyer into the hero). Loved the Jack and Kate dynamics back then too. And miss Boone, Shannon and Charlie :(
Oh- it does help me destress. The magic of the trade is....only allow yourself to watch one episode each time you do so.



The first scene ever of 'Lost'- Jack awaking in the middle of the jungle right after the crash

3 comments:

LX said...

I fail big time when it comes to watching series. My sis gave me so many series in the hard disk, I never opened. It is nearly a year since she put them in!

AiLing said...

Ooh....maybe you can start catching up with them after the exam!!

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.