Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Blessed....

Wednesday, 28th May 2008

Sometimes, we just have to count the small blessings in our everyday life.

Today was just an ordinary day. I woke up to the thought that I hadn't done anything repro ductive last night(pun intended!). So I immediately grabbed my notes and started reading them.
After about an hour or so....I realized that there was a message on my handphone. It was a message from one of my juniors, telling me how great a friend I am . You know who you are, and I truly believe that you're such a great person and a blessing from God :) Just a simple compliment can really make someone's day! I know that we are brought up in a society whereby we don't freely express our feelings. Somehow, we tend to find it much easier to critize than to compliment someone else. We assume that a person knows their every strength, so therefore they do not need any positive remarks. But you will brighten someones's day and give a person some support and encouragement by just making an encouraging remark to the person! You should try it sometime ;)

Ok, ok, don't misunderstand me. All I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't be selfish in offering compliments or praises to each other, because I truly believe that every one of us needs to hear an encouraging remark once in a while.

(Disclaimer: I'm certainly NOT indicating that I want compliments....I'm just talking about this in general- this applies to everyone!)

Lately, I've been feeling blessed. I am surrounded by such nice people, I don't want to be anywhere else! And I think I'm slowly gaining back confidence in myself to shine for Jesus :)

Praise God for the cell group worship session today! =)


p.s. Do you know that a lot of people die without ever hearing a single praise or positive remark about themselves?

No comments: