Saturday, May 10, 2008

I am unique

Today I just want to thank God for the timely reminder that I'm uniquely made in His image.

Time and time again God has reminded me about this- but I forget it soon after.

You see, I always have and still am struggling with myself, my own identity. I am constantly struggling to get to know who I actually am. I am struggling to accept myself for who I am.

I always wish I can be as cheerful and bubbly as *insert name here*, as smart as *insert name here*, as influential as *insert name*, as pretty as *insert name*, as caring and nurturing as *insert name*

And this always eats me up inside. No one can understand. I do not feel like I have anything special about myself, anything special to offer. I am a more quiet, introverted type- not the jolly type (is that wrong?) And that's why people tend to unintentionally brush me aside, because I'm just.....there. Nothing special about me.

But when no one else, including myself thinks so- God constantly reminds me that I am special. That I am a Child of His and I am specially made in His image. That I am fearfully and wonderfully made, specially crafted in my mother's womb to be who I am today. He gave me special talents and gifts which others do not have. (Like what- I would really like to know)

I still need some time to convince myself of this, although I know there is truth in it.

So right now, I am trying to tell myself- God tells me that I am special in His eyes :)

No comments: