Monday, May 19, 2008

Sandy's birthday

On Saturday, I and a few friends went to MidValley to celebrate Sandy's birthday.

What I like about Sandy is that she always struck me as an outspoken and independent type.

Anyways......we went to attend a movie......The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian



As you know....this movie is adapted from the book series by a Christian writer- C.S. Lewis.


All the events and characters in the book/movie actually have a hidden meaning and symbolize something. For example.....the lion Aslan symbolizes Jesus.


Well, I enjoyed the movie...but somehow I enjoyed the first movie......The Lion, The Witch and The Wadrobe better.

But let me tell you this......girls are sure to be drooling over Prince Caspian!!

The 4 children have all grown.... and Lucy isn't that cute anymore :( Edward has grown into a fine young man.

One part that stood out for me was when Lucy was with Aslan alone and Aslan told her that she could see him because she opened up her heart and was willing to see him.

This reminds me that, if I want Jesus to enter my life, I have to open up my heart to receive Him.

After the movie, we went to MidValley's Secret Recipe for lunch.












No comments: