Tuesday, May 27, 2008

late for pbl

Today(Tuesday) started off in an unusual manner......

My housemates have gone to the canteen for lunch, while me and Yee Xuan(who just dropped by) decided to stay back at home and order McD's for lunch. (It is her absolute favourite food)
She had just finished placing the order via her handphone, when suddenly my handphone rang. It was Elizabeth (whom I love to call Liz), one of my pbl group mates.

'Ailing, are you coming? We are having pbl now'.

My jaws dropped wide open literally.

'What?!' was my reply. I think I sounded really startled over the phone (Liz told me later).

'Yea.....it starts at 12:30, remember?' (It was 12:45pm btw, when she called)

And I wasn't even dressed up to go to uni yet, thinking that pbl was at the normal time of 2pm.

So Yee Xuan immediately called back to cancel the order. I felt guilty because she had not had her lunch yet!

I rushed for my life, and arrived at our pbl room (which was oh so conveniently shifted to another room today) at 1pm.

My groupmates were already done discussing the main learning issue. But the pbl went on as normal, and soon I was joining the flow. Our faci, JP, didn't seem the slightest bit bothered by my turning up so late (Liz must have explained what actually happened).....so all was fine.

Seriously though, it totally escaped my mind that our pbl time for today has been brought forward. According to my pbl groupmates, we did discuss and confirm the time with entire group during the previous pbl session. And I was even nodding along in agreement, they said.

Maybe, I was totally tuned out that time, and nodding was just a reflex movement on my part. Or maybe.. just maybe.....my mind was wandering (as it usually does) far away, thinking of something, or someone? ;) (hah, jk)

Or maybe I did hear it then, but then totally forgot to note it down.

I think it was the 3rd reason mainly. After all, I do tend to forget about something 1 minute later. No....I'm not suffering from amnesia! Or so I hope.... :P

p.s. We started our cheerleading practices! Would blog more about it in a later entry.....

No comments: