Sunday, October 7, 2007

Guess what I did....


Yep, guess what I did today.....

Besides going to church and attending the SJC rocks musical (which was really great, btw......it touched on many important daily issues in life. The actors and actresses were great!)

And besides going to Carrefour.

Yes, I decided to re-pierce my ears. It was a very random and last-minute decision of mine. It actually wasn't my idea at first.....I wasn't intending at all to pierce my ears today. But then housemate Fang Han suddenly voiced out her longing to get her ears pierced today, (which can be considered a big surprise since she's not the girly type) so I decided to accompany her. And yes, I ended up going first because she was too afraid of pain.

I wasn't worried about pain. What I'm much more worried about is....the long-term effects of the piercing. You see, my skin is very sensitive, and almost anything can trigger an allergic reaction to my skin. I had pierced my ears before, when I was much younger, but then my ear holes became inflammed, and so I had no choice but to remove the earrings. And the holes gradually closed up after several years.

Hopefully I'll have better luck this time around! I do want to look pretty, or at least presentable, you know! Just a little something to raise my self-esteem. (That will be another topic altogether).

The photo can't upload at the moment- so that'll have to wait

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok....I've decided to add in more about the SJC Rocks musical. Performed by the students of Subang Jaya College, and based on the very popular 'High School Musical'- it features the daily lives of high school students. Quite an ordinary plot... But then the performances of the actors and actresses really blew me off! They far exceeded my expectations.....it was indeed a very strong and solid performance by them all. Hats off to the cast of SJC Rocks!! They must have rehearsed numerous times for the actual thing.
And the issues touched on by the musical.....about self-esteem....how we always tend to think 'How I wish I can be like this girl.....how I wish I can be as pretty and smart and popular as her'. I thought to myself....that was sooo me! Lol And the single mother-son relationship was also very touching for me, growing up in a single mother household as well.

*a huge applause to the SJC Rocks cast!!



5 comments:

LX said...

Cool beans! (phrase borrowed from Ivy and Wei Lin)

AiLing said...

Ooh...I never heard Wei Lin say it before....

edwina said...

hahah.. when i rcved ur msg i was like wah... cos the last i heard form fang han was that it cost RM25... ehhehe.. :p

AiLing said...

Ed!! Glad to see you and Lynn Xuan today- and glad that you both enjoyed the musical.

Yeah- it ended up costing about half of that. hehe :p

LX said...

RM25?? Wah.. where is it so expensive?