Sunday, October 28, 2007

Earning Money

Today, I had the opportunity to earn some money.
How- you may ask.

Well, by becoming a tour guide for IMU's Open day.

This was the first time I am doing this ever since I step foot into IMU- so I admit that I was a bit nervous at first.

Initially, it was rather boring just standing there and waiting for the visitors to come out of the Auditorium. And when they finally did, nobody seemed interested in having a tour.

But finally, just as I was about to go home, I decided to approach one lady who was standing outside the Audi and asked her whether she would be interested in joining a tour. And she said yes.
So I became the tour guide for the small family ( mother, daughter (who is in Secondary 4 and is already interested in studying medicine in IMU) and son who seems barely older than 5.)

The mother asked me a lot of questions- both about IMU and about medicine in general. Luckily I could answer all her questions seemingly confidently although I wasn't that confident on the inside. ( I not a very confident person so maybe this practice would build my confidence and self-esteem up). We managed to tour the top 2 floors- until we reached the Medical Musuem. And when the family stepped foot into the MMS.....they were so intrigued by it that they studied every single model in detail and asked a lot of questions about the models :P And the son decided to pry apart every component of the brain model, and the poor model ended up in an absolute mess. And I didn't know how to fix it.

But yeah, it was a pretty good experience for me.

On a side note- I confirmed today that my Haemoglobin (Hb) levels were very low after doing the Hb test. Maybe that explains the anaemia?

11 comments:

porknuggets said...

wah.. tour guides with no tour duties. hmm. maybe i shud have gone and ill be 15 bucks richer..xD

AiLing said...

Lol...seriously. We were like standing there outside the auditorium....and noone seemed to be interested in a tour (or have been to one already). And Sheah actually told us that we can go....and I really was about to go off already without giving anyone a tour. Luckily, someone wanted me at the last minute :p

Anonymous said...

low Hb? yea...definately anemia...should go for further check up then!

i'm sure it's fun! i wish i can visit..maybe go and play with the models too! hehehe

AiLing said...

Yeah- it was a good experience! :)
Maybe you should step foot into IMU one day and your sis can show you around@

Anonymous said...

Low haemoglobin by definition IS anaemia, and not the CAUSE of anaemia. What you need to find out though is WHAT is causing the anaemia. Have you been eating enough red meat lately?

LX said...

I'm so broke now. I need the RM30 to reload my phone! HEhe..

AiLing said...

anonymous- hey there!! (whoever it is :p ) Hmm....I usually have enough meat in my diet. But red meat...I dunno oh. Too much red meat isn't healthy. ;)

Lynnx01:- at least now you can reload your phone!! :D

lynn-w said...

hehe..i did have a chance to visit IMU the time i was in KL...really fun...but didnt get to visit ur tutorial rooms, etc...just walk around for a while...

very cool!!

LX said...

Aiya, tutorial room? PBL room eh. Nothing but some tables, chairs and whiteboard.

AiLing said...

Lol- yeah- our pbl rooms are - nothing out of the ordinary :p

Anonymous said...

well, too much red meat may not be healthy, but if you're anaemic then you kinda need it for the iron. Either that, or eat lots of green leafy veges like spinach.