Saturday, October 27, 2007

Fear

During CG earlier this week, we were asked a question ' What do we fear the most? What are our innermost fears?'

Of course different people would have different fears. For example, some people are afraid of death, others are afraid of change, others are afraid of uncertainty, etc.

For me, I think my innermost fear is the fear of losing a loved one. And I only have one- my mum. I really can't imagine what I would do without her.

Other fears for me include fear of failing (I admit that I'm a rather 'kiasu' type of person ), fear of uncertainty. Talking about fear of uncertainty, I remember how I felt when I first left home to study in college. And the first time I left home to go overseas, far far away from the comfort of home. And having to meet new people, embrace a new culture, adapt to a new lifestyle, etc. I was afraid. I didn't know what the future held for me, whether I would make friends and settle down and cope easily or not. Will I be able to graduate?

The exact same thing applies to IMU right now.

I think the worst fear ever is the fear of the unknown. That's why people are afraid of ghosts and spirits and stuff. And that's why people are afraid of change, afraid of moving to a new place. You don't know what's going to happen next. The best thing you can do is to take it one step at a time.
And let God guide you step by step.

4 comments:

Zzzyun said...

fear? i think everyone has their own fears and insecurities no matter how strong they looked on the outside.

and i think all the fears u listed down were pretty normal ones. humans will always be afraid of the unknown eh? nowadays.. i start thinking abt life in a PMS.. and sometimes i get abit scared.. of what i am gonna face there.. sigh.

if only we can free of fear.

AiLing said...

Yeah. Everyone has their own fears.

LX said...

Agree. But we should make our lives so restrictive because of the fears.

AiLing said...

Yeah. Agreed.