Saturday, May 19, 2007

Bring on the pressure, baby!!!

Right.....so I am now back in KL after 2 weeks of study break in Kuching.

These past 2 weeks have been......relaxing and not so relaxing. Relaxing in that I didn't have to face the pressure of seeing my housemates and batchmates study....( yes I seriously crack very easily under pressure, moreso when I see others studying like mad). Back at home, I didn't have to see others studying....I just concentrate on doing my own thing at my own pace. And guess what? It actually works! I revise everyday at a steady pace....although I wish I could go faster at times, but maybe I've reached my limit. Let me let you into a secret......I concentrate the best at night....where there are no distractions at all. That's when I can study non-stop.....lol. So let's just say that the majority of my time spent revising is... at the middle of the night, when everyone else is sleeping. Yeah.
But the mental torment of studying still persists though. I have this habit of sitting in front of the TV with my notes for about an hour or so every evening. I still manage to study during that time, but I always end up feeling guilty about it, lol.
Plus- I still had the time to go out for dinners.......Mother's Day dinner at Pizza Hut, meeting up with my cousin from Sibu....attending a wedding of a relative..... and throw in having a hair cut and passport sized photos taken right after that. Lol
But.....but.....you can't possibly study 24 hours right? Right?

And now that I am back in Vista.....the pressure is back ON. Yeah....bring on the pressure, baby! (/sarcasm). Because seeing other students burying their noses in their notes is the most heavenly sight for me. (/sarcasm.) Gah. What you gotta do? That's a fact that I have to face.

I still have A LOT to cover man! That's what you get when you have to revise BOTH Foundation 1 and Foundation 2 notes combined. The frustrating thing is that even though I really study hard and concentrate on studying ( esp. at night) I still can't cover as much in one day/ study as fast as I'd like to.

That's why I didn't feel like coming back here in the first place. I feel the intense heat of the pressure back here. Maybe it's good for some people....but not so good for a person who easily cracks and crumbles under pressure....like me. Honestly.

And I certainly DO NOT want to resit again. I've been doing resits EVERY YEAR FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS. Seriously. Hopefully I have better luck in medicine? I don't know. Hopefully.

p.s. Been missing this fast internet connection at home. A blessing or a curse??

p.p.s. For some reason, I couldn't acess my Friendster profile back home in Kuching.

p.p.p.s How did America chose Melinda Doolittle to be eliminated over Blake Lewis is beyond me. Definitely a shocking result! Looks like Jordin Sparks now has this American Idol title in the bag! Which is just as well....since she's my favourite. =)

5 comments:

Zzzyun said...

yesh u are right.. it's not possible to study 24 hrs a day! u'll go mad first! study when it's time to study, but relax and rest when appropriate.

i know i'm not the best person to give advice on this (seeing the last time i failed was due to lack of sleep - but i had turned over a new leaf since then).

so rmb to get enuf rest the few days b4 the big exam ya! gambate!!

LX said...

Ailing, you know what? I think I've been giving you the wrong ideas all along. You think of me who studies so hard.. but I guess you don't know me well enough. :) I was just implying how overwhelming uni life can be. I only studied about 2 or 3 hours per day during my A Levels study break and yet could score. But this time, it's so different. I can't find time to cover so much. But I still go for my jogs, carrefour, church, cells, cf, prayer meets, tv......... I know life is not only about studying. But I cannot afford to fail this time. I won't wait for exam result to come out so that's a risk I'm taking.

AiLing said...

Zi Yun- thanks again for your advice =) Yeah, I guess at the end of the day, it isn't really possible for us to study 24 hours a day. Study hard but study smart too is the way.

Lynn Xuan- lol, I know that you're not the type that studies 24 hours. Wasn't thinking about you when I mention about ppl burying their noses in their books. Was just talking about medic students in general. But it is good that you're trying to work very hard now. You'll get the sense of satisfaction when you get the results that you want. Gambate!!

porknuggets said...

hey.. dont feel guilty man... just look at me.. im JUST starting to panic here. ive been taking everything so lightly. just realised its one week to exam. hahaha

btw rite..u mentioned that you dont want to resit again? er.. firstly im sure youll pass! secondly for our sem we have no more resits. i think.;p

AiLing said...

Hey joon Heng- thanks ya, you did manage to reassure me somehow, haha.
Btw- I think we still do have resits. Which I personally think is still better than having to repeat an entire semester or getting kicked out of med school!!

Good luck in your preparations too. =)