Thursday, November 29, 2007

Eating.....at home and out....

So much food at my place..........

My city harvest cell group! Angela is the one in the middle, right side.

During the past weekend, housemate FH's parent's came over to visit for a couple of days.

When they first arrived, my jaws literally dropped open- they seemed like they were moving house or something. You see, they brought so many things from home- some supplies for their daughter- and plenty, and I mean plenty of cakes. Her mum can bake cakes very well. So yeah, our tummies were truly satisfied during that couple of days. (and also yesterday when they came back from Genting). Besides the cakes and kuih and groceries they bought (which filled up our entire fridge), we went out to eat a couple of times.

And we had breakfast and lunch and dinner all sorted out for us the few days that they were around. What a homely feeling :) ( I was too in a rush to have breakfast this morning though) Curry chicken, chicken soup, mmmm.....

The first time at a restaurant in Sri Petaling ( I forgot the name), on Saturday night. Last night, we (me, my housemates and the parents) wanted to eat at the Kuchai Lama food court (FH'ssuggestion), so her dad drove us all the way there to eat, after having heard that it was popular for its huge variety of food. But we had trouble locating the place, and drove around the area for at least 15 minutes. When we thought we found the place, there was no food court greeting us, only the run down 'pasar malam' surrounding the food court, and a huge empty ground in the middle. We later discovered that the food court has been demolished a couple of weeks ago. Meh....all the trouble to drive all the way to find the place, only to find that it's gone. So we ended up eating at a restaurant nearby.

Right now, I just returned back from a farewell dinner for Angela, organized by our City Harvest cell group. For the first time, I could feel the fellowship, and it was great :) I was a bit weary at first, because I had to wake up early tomorrow, but yeah it was worth it. Angela is going back to Penang tomorrow, and don't know whether she'll be returning or not. *sad Anyways, I ordered chicken chop with satay rice, which tasted quite nice. RM10.50 quite costly though.

Food, food and more food...


p.s. I didn't even need to utter a single word about what I've been feeling lately (this past whole month). My mum really knows me well. Last night, she literally took the words from my heart, I was surprised. She was very exact in pointing out the core of my problem. And I didn't even tell her anything about the problem. What a relief. Love you, mum!!

p.p.s One person who can really cheer me up, is housemate Rachel. *hugs

2 comments:

LX said...

Good to hear that your meals have been good. It is not the same for me when my housemate's parents are over. They use the aircon 24/7 and make me feel so restricted. Not to mention, the house gets dirty very fast too. HMPH!! And they are coming during our summative. You can see me screaming so loud now!!

Argh!!

Anyway, are you talking about KLFC? Kuchai Lama Food Court? It's abolished d?

AiLing said...

edYep, it's the Kuchai Lama Food Court. And yes, it has been abolished/demolished 2 weeks ago!!

Actually, don't really mind her parents coming over because they bought so much food :p and not to mention drove us out to eat and helped a bit in house cleaning too. And her mum cooked for us too!

But I do understand how you feel though :/