Sunday, April 27, 2008

An eventful week (extended version)

So this week is the last week of Endocrine. Tomorrow, we are going to start on the reproductive system.

Because we only had 2 days of lectures this week, gosh did we enjoy ourselves to the max!

On Tuesday night, watched two movies- one for cell group on the origin of the song 'Amazing Grace'. Then later in the night, me and my housemates watched 'Game Plan' at home. To my pleasant surprise, I actually enjoyed the movie! It was about a famous professional football player (played by 'The Rock') whose life suddenly turned upside down when the daughter he had never known existed suddenly turned up on his doorstep. The little girl was adorable!


On Wednesday, about 10 of us went to MidValley to catch a movie. But before that, I decided to join another group of batchmates to celebrate Adeline's birthday. The birthday lunch was at an Italian Restaurant at Gardens. That was the first time I've been to the Gardens! We had pizza and spaghetti- which wasn't really filling- but it's ok. I was just glad to be able to be part of Adeline's birthday celebrations.





After that, I rushed back to MidValley to meet up with the group of friends I was travelling with. We decided to split up to watch different movies. The girls ended up watching 'Definitely, Maybe'. I do not recommend this movie! It's so confusing.....and doesn't teach us what is morally right. You see, this movie is basically about a guy who fell in love with 3 women....and he was telling his daughter the story about his past love life, and which one ended up being her mother.


That night, my housemates and I watched '27 dresses'. Well, although it's yet another chick flick, but I enjoyed this one so much more than 'Definitely, Maybe!' I could really identify with the older sister, Jane (played by Grey's Anatomy actress Katherine Heigl. Always casted aside and overlooked....always feeling underappreciated no matter what. Well, of course the story has a happy ending- I'm still waiting for my happy ending to come! lol



Then it was my housemate Rachel's 21st birthday. So on Thursday night her boyfriend was planning to pay her a surprise visit. The catch is- he was supposed to appear at her door at exactly midnight on Friday. So housemate Fang Han and I had to plan this surprise- and cover up for him. He arrived at 11:30 pm and I beckoned him to come in quietly and hide in my room like we planned. But he decided to stay outside our house main door until almost midnight.

Then I quietly let him in. Well, Rachel did indeed seem surprised, because she didn't expect him to turn up! She got a jewellery holder in the shape of a ballerina from us, and liked it a lot. Throw in the necklace her bf gave her, and the earrings I bought for her on Friday, she was pleased. We camwhored with the presents she got. :p




On Friday- Rachel's actual birthday, we all took two taxis to 1 utama. We planned to treat Rachel for a buffet lunch at the Shogan restaurant there. After much difficulty, we finally found the restaurant. It is a Japanese buffet restaurant- but they do serve other stuff as well. I ate until my stomach couldn't take it anymore :p I helped myself to as much Sushi as possible- since during normal occasions- they are rather expensive. And helped myself to green tea icecream as well. The entire buffet lunch cost RM50 per person, which I think was worth it.






After lunch- we went shopping for a while- and I bought myself a pair of white shoes.

Then, we decided to attend another movie. This time, it's 'Forbidden Kingdom' a Jackie Chan and Jet Li movie. The action is great, but the plot not so.




So yep, that basically sums up my week :)







2 comments:

LX said...

Compared to yours, my weekend was really boring, I must say. When you asked me how was my weekend, I couldn't find words to describe. But I must say it was a good rest. I haven't been getting enough of sleep lately.

AiLing said...

Well, at least you've been sleeping well :)

You do look tired, you know. Get enough rest!!