Saturday, March 1, 2008

Heroes season 2

Monica Dawson
Elle


So I've just watched the "Heroes' season 2 DVDs which I bought from Bali.

Initially, I just thought of watching for fun...to pass the time. But then, it got me hooked!!

Personally, I think that the second season was even better than the first.

As I've mentioned in an earlier entry, I liked the fact that this new season brought us to at least 4 countries....Feudal Japan, Mexico, Ireland and USA. And I liked the fact that we got to hear Spanish, Japanese and English all in one episode.

But what I liked even more was the fact that they introduced some significant female characters into the show this season . This is what 'Lost' lacked....with the exception of Juliet.

I'm starting to really like the character Monica, who lost her mum in Hurricane Katrina.
She was just an ordinary teenage girl working in a fastfood outlet and had her hopes of going to college ruined as a result of the tragedy. Then after Micah Sanders came to stay with her....she develop a cool new ability....the ability to copy the actions of others on TV.

Elle, Bob's daughter, is also another character to watch for....what with her power of producing electricity from her fingertips.

Maya....and her brother Alejandro, who crossed the border to the US to seek help to control her power of producing poison gas which kills people. It's a pity though that she fell for the wrong guy.....
Oh, I kindof like Caitlin, Peter's new girl too.

And oh yes....how can I forget about Claire's new boyfriend, West- who has the ability to fly and take Claire on dates high up on the sky!

I've to admit that I didn't really dig Hiro's story of being stuck in Feudal Japan and helping Takezo Kenzei to fend off the enemies. It's just like watching an ancient Chinese movie, which I can watch anytime, here in Malaysia.

But I like the main plot of the deadly virus scare. The mystery of how the people in the company which created the virus were murdered one by one, and then discovering who was the culprit behind all that.

And there were several deaths, both real and decoy this season. I shouldn't say too much in case I spoil the story for some of you ;)

No comments: