Sunday, March 23, 2008

Plastic surgery

Liposuction. Nose and chin implants. Breast implants. All sound familiar?

Yes, I've witnessed all these procedures in real life. All within this holiday. How I got to witness them, I wouldn't go into detail, but I had the priviledge to witness all these first hand. (I have some connections- through my mum- with a qualified plastic surgeon, that's all I can say).

I kept very secretive about this until now. You see, I was there just to observe, to hold the patients' hands, to translate for the patients from Mandarin to English, and to just offer general support. It was a good practice for building rapport with my future patients as well.

Initially, the sight of blood was enough to turn me off. But I told myself that I had to become accustomed to seeing blood, I would be seeing plenty of blood in the future.

It does involve some pain.....particularly when the doctor is injecting anesthetic....but after the effects of the anesthetic kicks in, and the numbness takes over......the patient wouldn't feel the pain anymore.

And the thing is.....plastic surgery is a contagious addiction! After seeing the patients undergo surgery and feel satisfied with the results.....I find myself thinking ' I want to do that too! I need a nose job, a boob job (yes, seriously) and liposuction on my tummy and thighs badly. I need a whole body makeover.

Is it wrong for me to feel dissatisfied with my body? Should I be happy with what God has given me?

Today, let me ask you readers.......are you for or against plastic surgery? Does plastic surgery do you more harm or more good? Is it beneficial? Or should people, women especially, learn to accept their appearance as it is?


Michael Jackson has done plastic surgery several times

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah...i also want to do liposuction..how much does it roughly cost?

i am very interested! just wanna see how much

AiLing said...

I've to check on that one....not sure of the exact amount...