Monday, March 31, 2008

Trip to Labuan






Chocolates!!




In front of Beta Apartments





I went for a 3 day trip to Labuan, Sabah, last weekend. It was my first time going to this federal territory.
My mum was there for business, me for pleasure ;) Well, I needed a break after working in her shop almost the entire holiday :p

We stayed in a huge suite, in Beta Apartments, at Financial Park. I went shopping at a nearby shopping complex, watched some movies and ate a lot. There goes my diet plan. Sigh.

I didn't really go out much, because my mum had to entertain some customers. So I spent most of the time keeping myself occupied....by popping in disk after disk into my laptop's DVD player..... taking advantage of the Wifi service at the lobby and just relaxing.

The funny thing is....within the 3 days that I was there......there had been at least 3 blackouts! The entire hotel and adjacent shopping complex was totally in the dark each time. I don't know whether it is because the city had problems with its electrical supply, or is it because of something else....
Anyways, the trademark of Labuan is duty-free shops.....which sell plenty of chocolates and other imported goods for a relatively low price compared to other parts of the country.














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've never been to labuan before...all my family has been there!

hmm...started class d?

AiLing said...

Yep, sem 4 just started this week.
Well, you should go to Labuan one day! ;) Chocolates!