Wednesday, February 27, 2008

electives and etc.

First, feeling relaxed, and happy to be gaining some experience from my family doctor, Dr. Bibiana Teo. I am doing my electives in her paedetrics clinic right now. She was very nice to me....letting me sit beside her and observe her tending to young patients. And during the intervals when there is no new patient, she would tell me about her experiences or teach me new things about childhood diseases and such. The only downside to this is that.....when you observe the same old thing everyday, children and babies of all ages coming in with their parents, their parents answering questions for them...and half of the children being taken to the back room for nebulizing treatment (to clear up their airways). Once in a while, you have babies being brought in for their vaccinations. But most cases, it's just the common cold- running nose, chesty cough, fever and all that. And there are some cases of hand, foot and mouth disease as well.
Yesterday, a little girl came in with internal injuries to her private parts as a result of exercise related injury. Today, a baby threw up all over the floor. And listening to infants and toddlers wailing away....not exactly music to your ears ;)

My personal weight loss regime is...well...it's too early to tell.
I have being going to the gym almost daily now....and exercising furiously on the treadmill, cycles and steps. and doing situps as well. And besides that, I've been watching my diet as well, trying to eat less meat and more vege, and saying no to snacks. I really really hope that this works out!! If not, I'll be very frustrated.

Now it seems like everyone has a boyfriend. I need to get myself a boyfriend too!!

Also...the feeling of being underappreciated is starting to return....trying to shake it off.
But thanks to all those of you...mostly from other batches who actually show me that you're true friends, being concerned and asking me about my results.....I really appreciate it :)


Time to sign off for the moment, let me leave you with some celebrities who decided to proudly show off their baby bumps at the recent Academy Awards. Good for them!


Jessica Alba
Cate Blanchett
Nicole Kidman

5 comments:

Zzzyun said...

hmmm not sure abt the feeling of being underappreciated coz for me, im the sort of person who will go and ask them straight in their faces! lol. but then, only to my close frenz who know me well of coz. i'd learnt things the hard way. haha..

abt the bf thingy, well in my personal experience, it only comes when you least expect it? well that's what happened to me lah..

Anonymous said...

I'm also having this weight loss programme with my sis. But it is not very effective because with my medical condition, I have this metabolic disorder. So frustrating!! Today went swimming. Yesterday, tennis. Day before, climbed the hill.

AiLing said...

zzzyun:- I'm not a very straightforward person....I just hate hurting people's feelings, you know?
And yes, that's what I've always heard...love comes when you least expect it!

lynnx01:- my weight loss programme is also not very effective due to my hypothyroidism. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

wah...nicole kidman is beautiful!!!

hhm..dr. bibiana teo..i think i know who..her clinic near sebarkas, right?

lost weight? to me..if i cant change much...just enjoy life...dont need to be frust over it...

AiLing said...

Yep- her clinic is near Saberkas. She is my family doctor and also my cousin's godmother.
Actually....it's not as easy as it sounds, we girls are brought up in such a way that we have to look slim in order to be beautiful.