Sunday, March 25, 2007

When the taps run dry....

A few weeks ago, the entire B tower block had no water supply for one whole night. I heard from friends living in that tower that people were queueing up at the showers beside the swimming pool that night to take their shower.

Little did I know then that I would be experiencing the same thing about a month later.

Today- water supply to the entire Komanwel B area was disrupted. I don't know what happened exactly- but when I woke up and went to the bathroom and turned on my tap- to my uttermost dismay, no water came running out of the tap, not even a single drip.

So now, my housemates and I cannot cook the fried rice we were planning to cook this evening. I cannot wash my hands after using the toilet- actually I cannot even use the toilet in my own room now. We have to go down to the poolside showers to take our showers later on. I don't know how long will the queue be :/ Or maybe I can 'tumpang mandi' at Yen Bee's place in Vista C later? We'll see. I bought 2 huge bottles of mineral water from the Clubhouse B shop just now- so drinking problem solved.

Arrgghh....why does this have to happen at this time of stress? It just gives me additional stress. Hopefully the water supply will return back soon!

This teaches me another lesson- never take the running water coming out from the taps at home for granted!

update: came back from the poolside showers.....no queue! :) And we ordered Domino's :D But still no water :(

Oh and at about 8pm just now, my housemates and I were so happy and relieved beyond measure when the water returned.....for about a minute or so....



4 comments:

LX said...

Yeah! The water stopped in my block around 5pm and I was super devastated, it drove me up the walls!! Depriving me of most basic necessity in life!! I couldn't study because I was mentally and emotional affected. Thanks to the water. Yikes.

AiLing said...

Hey Lynn Xuan!
Yeah same here, lol- you just simply can't focus on your studies when there there is something else bugging you. Hopefully the water supply will be back tonight!

LX said...

Worse thing... I am sick now! Please pray for me. Absolutely wrong time to fall sick.

AiLing said...

Omg, so sorry to hear that :( You down with the cold or something? I understand how horrible it feels to be sick during exams...please do take care of yourself k?

As for me- preparation is NOT going well at all