Friday, March 30, 2007

Summative 2 and it's aftermath....



First of all- above is the proof that I have just tidied my room tonight. Spot the difference?

Just in case you're wondering....my blog is still alive and kicking.....it was just on a few days' hiatus for the summative. Haha.

First thing I should be talking about is the summative right? How did it go? Well- to be honest I really don't know how well I did. There were quite a number of questions which I 'tembaked' (guessed) the answers. (esp. for Pharmaco) The frustating thing was Pharmacology- which I had studied so hard for....about 6-7 questions came out , and I totally forgot all the Pharmacology that I had studied!!! This just reinforces my dislike for Pharmacology.

And I was pretty wishy washy on several other questions as well. E.g. which of these is NOT a zoonotic infection.....a) cholera b) salmonella c) filarsis d) giardasis e) dengue fever

I know c and d are definitely zoonotic, but what about the rest?

I checked back my Pharmaco notes....and I think I got a few questions wrong already for the Pharmaco part alone.....plus a few other questions from the other sections.

Right....and I just found out another mistake that I made. One question asked which of these following diseases do NOT have healthy carriers :

a) cholera b) diphtheria (c, d and e I'm sure do have healthy carriers)
I didn't know what diphtheria is. And my rationale was that maybe some people can suffer from cholera for life. So I put b. Then just a few moments ago, I googled diphtheria and spotted this from Wikipedia....

The onset of disease is usually gradual. Symptoms include fatigue,
fever, a mild sore throat and problems swallowing. Children infected have
symptoms that include nausea, vomiting, chills, and a high fever,
although some
do not show symptoms until the infection has progressed further.


Yay.....yet another mark gone!!

The worst thing was that I was expected a feedback session right after ( whereby they give out the answers) but no.....the invigilators just sent us out of the exam hall. Arrghhh.....the suspense of waiting to know how well ( or how badly you did) is much worse than actually knowing that you didn't do well at all. Now I really don't know how well I performed in this exam- but I think it's safe to say not so good- as I've already spotted quite a number of mistakes that I made.

Oh well.... it's all over now...the paper is now out of my hands. Should've been more prepared for it. But how come I wasn't really prepared despite of the late nights I spent studying? *Bangs head in frustration*

Right- I resolve to be more prepared and do well for my upcoming EOS (End of Semester) assessment in May! Yup. No more last minute revision, no more last minute panicking!!

Now for the more light-hearted part- Summative is over!! Yay for temporary freedom!! Planning to go to Sungei Wang for shopping and movie tomorrow with my housemates. I want to watch 'Bridge to Terabithia'- but I suspect that my housemates would prefer to watch a Chinese movie instead. We'll see.

Let's see how I spent my first few hours of this blissful weekend which I resolve to cherish every single moment of....

Took a nap until dinner.....

Watch TV....'Princess Hours' and then 'American Idol'.

And last but not least......tidy up my room, which looked as if a tornedo had just swept through it. (don't worry.....it isn't always this messy, only nearing exam times) Haha....










3 comments:

LX said...

HAH? I put cholera for the first one leh. Aiks. And the second one also put cholera... I think. Habis lah!

AiLing said...

I actually think you got both answers right.

I got question no. 2 wrong- silly me for putting 'diptheria'. I think the answer should indeed be cholera.

LX said...

Is it? I didn't read your post correctly then. Well, Ailing, I think we should stop dwelling in the questions. It's only gonna kill us!