Tuesday, March 13, 2007

CNY holidays





The Chinese New Year holidays went by so fast....too fast for my liking.
Hmm.....let's try to recall how exactly I spent the holidays...

Basically, I didn't go back to Kuching this holidays. Instead, I stayed back here in Vista B1, and my entire family came over instead. By my family I mean my mum, her best friend Uncle David, and his 2 daughters (who are also my good friends) and his elder daughter's boyfriend. Kkk...don't give me that puzzled look, I know it's a very complicated family...

Tze Chien( Uncle David's younger daughter) came over on Friday- managed to catch up with housemate Li Cin ( who was spotting a new permed hairdo) in SungeiWang.

Saturday and Sunday- lazy days spent at home or at Carrefour. Li Cin left to Genting with her family. I was down with a bad cold, took some medication which made me feel very drowzy. So much for being able to catch up on work. Sigh.

Monday- went to MidValley with TzeChien. I seriously suck at bowling. Couldn't even knock down a SINGLE pin after umpteen tries. Mum and Uncle David and Angel and her boyfriend arrived at night... bringing with them a whole box of goodies. Yummm....

Tuesday- finally went to KLCC- for the whole day. Mum wasn't feeling that well. Had to visit the biggest bookstore ever on the top floor- spent time browsing through books and contemplating on whether to buy them or not- RM30 over for a book which you read once then just put it aside....dunno whether it's worth it or not. How I wish there are second hand bookstores here in Malaysia! In UK, we could get second hand books anywhere for just 1 pound or even less.

Wednesday- Genting Highlands- here we come! I can't recall when was the last time I've been there. Right after my IB exam, I think. Anyways, we tried out some rides in the Outdoor Theme Park- some of them were too scary for me. Grrr....I wasn't allowed into the Circuit ride because I didn't reach the minimum height of 150cm. And when we went to the bumper car ride after that- I was way above the maximum height for that ride. Wth? Funniest ride was the ancient train ride when mum and I kept on bumping hard into a mother and her young son who were riding in front of us. The little boy wasn't very amused by that.

Thursday- Shopped at Sungei Wang and Low Yat Plaza for the whole day. Spent a lot of time browsing from one shoe shop to another. Damn, I never realized how tiring it is to search for shoes for me! Most shoe shops only have shoes that are of size 5 and above, and I'm a size 3. Vincci is the only shoe shop that sells adult shoes which cater for my feet size. I love you Vincci!

Friday- family went to Sungei Wang again. I decided to be a good girl- go me- and stayed at home to study. That night, decided to bring my health conscious mum to the outdoor gym at the nearby park. Tried out every single equipment available there. Right after, as I had not enough of exercise, I just had to jog around the lake without stopping. As a result, I suffered from severe fatigue and could barely even walk home and had to stop for rest many times before finally reaching home. Silly me. Shouldn't do such strenous exercise at one go when I seldom exercise during normal days. (But why both times I participated in the Treasure Hunt event during orientation I seemed fine even though I had to run around the entire park? Hmm....)
Oh and did I mention about the swimming pool at Vista B? Somehow my family members love and cherish the pool so much that they make it a point to go down to splash at the pool every night. It's my pleasure to accompany them. And here I am, with the pool within a few minutes walking distance from my place- and yet I seldom utilize it.

They went back during the weekend.

Alright then, that's it for my holiday roundup. Boring, exciting- it's up to you to decide. But what I can tell you is that - yep it had been a superb and enjoyable holiday! Only thing is that I wish it had been a longer holiday ( as usual).



p.s. Stay tuned for Nursing Week and Orientation Week M1/07 update. ;)

No comments: