Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bad Day

Today is just one of those days when you feel like everything around you is dark and gloomy.
And you feel like just falling down a pithole or something, and that no one would really care if that actually happened. I reached the lowest point this evening....just felt like breaking down into tears....but controlled myself. A phone call to mum made me feel much better.

Everyone is beginning to feel the pressure and stress. It is beginning to show in our actions and our faces. Well, this is semester 5 after all. Everyone is now starting to get too caught up in their own studies to even bother to socialize or interact with ppl outside of their cliques.

And the biggest stimulating factor for the depression today- the official start of CNS lectures.
I am reminded of just how tough and complicated learning about the Nervous System is.
How did I manage to get through 3 whole years of studying that subject?
And now, I am reliving the nightmare that is the nervous system.
Ppl say that it should be easier this time around.....but I beg to differ. I totally forgot everything that I've learnt in my Neuroscience degree!

I'll try my best to help out anyone who needs my help (my 2 housemates are already asking me questions) but no guarantees here. Because I myself don't really know what exactly I've learnt for that 3 years in Cardiff...:p



Why is the human brain such a complex organ?

4 comments:

Zzzyun said...

i guess we tend to forget the stuff we dislike.

how abt try a change of tactics? for me, both msk and cns was hard but.. i like discovering new intriguing things abt the human body, and tat keeps me digging for more.

sem5 is really tough esp when eos5 is looming around the corner. but be strong girl, and it is frenz' that kept me going on :)

AiLing said...

Yeah, I'm going through quite a rough time now.
Hope it'll be over soon...
:)

taipomi said...

come on ai ling! you can do it!
jia yu!!!

AiLing said...

Naomi!! Long time no hear from you!! How are you doing in UK?