Tuesday, August 28, 2007

To M206.....(and my orientation group)

My orientation group- The 'Anus-thetic' group

I remember exactly one year ago....I was lining outside the registration hall at the 4th floor of IMU's Bukit Jalil campus. My eyes darting around at the unfamiliar surrounding and scanning the unfamiliar faces. I remember the feeling of uncertainty, the cloud of doubt that was still hovering over me at that time. I had just rushed back to Malaysia from UK. I was supposed to do Masters in Neuroscience, and not medicine. It was a last minute decision on my part, after I was given only less than a minute to ponder over it. And I didn't know then whether it was the right decision or not, and whether I would regret it. And being the introvert that I am.....I didn't know whether I would fit in or not. (with people 4 years younger than me).

I remember telling my mum that I wanted to return to the UK! And that it was wrong, just wrong for me to rush back here, to start all over again, from year 1.

And I remember sitting there, looking and feeling confused, with my orientation group, as seniors walked freely in and out of the room. I remember asking myself what the heck was going on, what 'IMCC' thingy were these seniors talking about. And which of them were our O.Os? Well, my orientation group mates were looking as bewildered as I was! :giggles

And I recall returning back from a weekend in Kuching just to sit for my IELTS exams. And feeling lost as my orientation group were busy preparing the props for the following week. They'd had the time to bond throughout the weekend, and I barely had time to get to know them.

Well, gradually, I got to know everyone in the group- members and O.Os.....and then slowly got to know more and more people from my batch. And my housemates are the best housemates that I can find!

And I haven't regretted the decision to study medicine in IMU after getting a degree ( well, albeit the occasional complaining of 'I still have so many more years to go!')

Here is a dedication to each and everyone of my batchmates. M206 rocks!! We're the best.batch.ever. :P Ok, I maybe exaggerating, but yeah I love my batch.

Here's a dedication to all my PBL groupmates so far, my rotation groupmates ( rotation group A is the best!) and to everyone who has taken the time to talk to me :)

And thank you Lord, for making the past academic year and eventful and smooth sailing one for me. Now, as I proceed on to the 2nd year of medicine, and 3rd semester in the Bukit Jalil campus, I pray that you continue to give me grace in my studies and carry me through this hurdle. Amen.

One year has come and gone since I've stepped into the IMU. And I'll treasure the memories of the past year, and hope for more sweet memories in the upcoming year.

6 comments:

LX said...

Yay! Year 2... here we come!!

AiLing said...

Yeah :)
Year 2- here we come!

Zzzyun said...

haha ur OO looks so childish till can mix up with the juniors meh? *grins*

AiLing said...

Haha....yeah ;) Esp. you.

k...k......JUST KIDDING!!

porknuggets said...

happy happy imu anniversary

AiLing said...

:)