Saturday, August 25, 2007

Lonely...

Yes, that's how I've been feeling lately.

Hums to the tune 'Lonely......I'm so lonely......I've nobody........I'm on my own'. Heh.

It just seems like I've got nobody to chat to over here in Kuching. My ex-classmates are all back in Australia, UK , or wherever else. ( I don't have much things in common with them anyways).
And my family, which I am usually very content to spend time with, well let's just say that they are all caught up in their own activities. My mum went to Brunei and Labuan for about 5 days. So every dinner it's just me and Uncle David who doesn't mind taking the trouble to pick me up for dinner every day without fail. Even his younger daugther now has her own stuff to handle- her own things to do.
So the only person I really talk to nowadays is....yes, my maid at home. Well, at least she has a companion in me.

The things is, I don't even feel like I belong here anymore. No friends back home in Kuching....even my own family....I don't feel like I have much things in common to talk about to them. When they talk about the centre's business, I don't have much to say or add in , because I am not working there. And when I talk about my studies/ medical terms/ etc. it's like I'm speaking in a foreign language to them. I'm the only person in my family who is university educated. And the only one who is English educated. As a result, I'm simply not in the same league as them. It's not that I'm looking down at them or anything, in fact it's the other way round.....them looking up so highly on me like I'm a VIP or something. Hey, I'm only a 2nd year medical student, I still have a long long way to go to even becoming a junior doctor. There's no need to treat me like that.

On another note, I don't even know my own car. I didn't know that it has a security system, such that I have to press the tiny red button beside the steering before I actually can start the car engine. How? I want to drive around town and hang out with friends like other teenagers, but there's no one to hang out with, no place fun to go alone.

At least back in KL, I have people to talk to, although I don't really have any close friends. My housemates, although they both have much more in common with each other than with me- well at least they never leave me out in their activities. :)

So, for the past few days, I've just been studying CVS (albeit very slowly), and watching Astro.
- the finale episode of 'Lost' was very good! So was 'D.O.C', the Sun-centric episode.
- yes, I watch 'Heroes' too. I've come to like it and enjoy watching it (although I'm not really into it yet). K..Hiro Nakumara is adorable, Claire Bennett is cute, Nikki Sanders is hot, Peter Petrelli is cool.... Ali Larter is such a great actress! Acting as two people simultaneously (of different personalities too), it's not easy.

I'm so not looking forward to returning to IMU for Semester 3. I've had a look at our Respi timetable, and boy, is it packed! It'll take quite a while to get myself adjusted back to this lifestyle....being on holidays for so long.


p.s. My auntie 'booked' me to be a 'tour guide' for her, my cousin and a few visitors who are coming over to Kuching next week. I mean, it's a good excuse to go to Damai and have fun.... but I dunno why I'm not feeling so enthusiastic about that....it's like I'm feeling so lazy to do anything nowadays :/

p.p.s M207 orientation! Good luck to the organizing committee, I'm sure you guys will do a great job!!

Well, it's been a while since I've made any 'Emo' posts, heh?

e.t.a And after I make this post....all of a sudden I'm fully booked for the entire upcoming week.
:lol

4 comments:

Zzzyun said...

wow that sure was emo. but i guess i do understand abit how u feel.

for me, i've been on hols for almost 2 months. most of my pg frenz just went to public uni so i cant hang out with them. only got to see 3 so far. (better than nothing tho)

for most of that 2 months, i've been stuck at home. i feel like im at house arrest! o.O haha. but then this is no need to feel so lonely.

with the internet, u cud alwix feel connected to ppl who are far away! thats what i do. i msn with all my uni frenz and talk crap with them lol. it gives me a reason to wake up during the hols anyhow. hehe

yeah, so that's it. 1 more week! till start of uni. boohoo. >.<

AiLing said...

Haha...thanks >.<

Actually, I'm fine now- it was just an 'emo' rant, that's all.

LX said...

I am so so not looking forward to Sem 3 too!! I am not even 20% through CVS and I'm so, so dead. I was trying to read Embryology of The Heart that day.. tak faham langsung.. :(

AiLing said...

Yeah....I simply can't get into the mood of studying... Meh!