Saturday, August 11, 2007

Happy 21st Birthday to.....

Praveena Sundram......a batchmate of mine. Don't know if she reads this.....but thanks so much for inviting me over to your huge birthday bash!! I feel priviledged to be a part of it =)

Just know that you're a great person- so warm, friendly, kind, caring, independent, mature, responsible.....

It's really great knowing you from working together in the Uni Editorial Board.

The birthday bash was great.....with buffet dinner, Astro and disco dancing!

I've got something to admit.....I had much difficulty in selecting my outfit for tonight! I raided my entire wadrobe.....took out all the blouses and skirts that I have ( which weren't that many)
and tried them on one by one, seeking both my housemates' advice. It was a tedious procedure, I've gotta tell ya.....so much so that I told myself that no way was I ever gonna go through all this trouble to dress up anymore, unless it is for a very important occasion.

One blouse couldn't fit me at all, another one showed my tummy, the other one didn't really suit my pink skirt. The other three blouses....I didn't think they were special enough for the occasion.

I ended up trying on both my housemates' tops and blouses. :lol They didn't suit me at first, due to the fact that the bra I was wearing wasn't suitable for tank tops. Finally, my housemate taught me that I could remove the bra strap. Then it was perfect. I ended up wearing Fang Han's white and brown tank top. It was really forcing me to step out of my comfort zone, but in the end, I think all the trouble I went through was worth it! I was a transformed person, at least for tonight.

Enjoy the pics!! ( sorry for the poor quality- there's something wrong with my camera)



Li Cin, Maggie, me, Alicia and Fang Han
Me and 'Leng Zai' Seng Chye- who was my orientation group's IMCC
Chong Bing, Li Cin, birthday girl Praveena and me
Fang Han, Alicia, me


Me and Joon Heng
me and Cousin Mervin
me and Tracy
me and Sarah Yuen
me and Jeremy Er


The birthday girl blowing the candles
The birthday cake! (It's the shape of a key, to represent freedom)
What a nice house she has!

eta : Oh great.....just realized how messy my hair was.

4 comments:

Zzzyun said...

hey i think u look nice!! maybe u shld dress up more!

(who am i to say that. when myself is so lazy to dress up too -.-)

i also think i shld go buy some nice dresses more! =)

btw i cant believe ur batchmate is turning 21 ade and i still havent reach my 20th. haha. i feel so young! :T

AiLing said...

Haha, thanks! =) Yeah, maybe I should dress up more often.

Well, I'm way past the 21 age mark ade. ;) I feel so old! Lol!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ailing - I think you look very nice in that top. Yes, should wear more nice tops/skirts I think! :) Bibi

AiLing said...

Ha...thanks Jie :)