Monday, September 22, 2008

Victory!!

V is for Victory!!

Ahh....the sweet taste of victory.

Finally, all the hard work and training (we trained almost everyday, at least a few hours perday), paid off!!

Yes, I'm proud of us, Stallions. We put our all into the routine, and we won the gold medal for cheerleading!! I have a gold medal in my collection for the very firs time in my whole life :p

I remember the hours we all sacrified to practice our dance routine and stunts, when we should've been busy studying like the others. I remember how our routine was so messy and disorganized at first. The injury count, especially on the eve of the actual competition. (people were getting anxious by then). The last minute changes to the routine, the last minute cut of certain parts of the routine.


That day itself, people from all batches, and even those not from IMU itself were wishing me good luck. Suddenly I felt important, like I was representing my batch for a huge and significant event. :p

When it was almost our turn to perform, my heart was pumping wildly. I don't know why I suddenly felt so nervous, even though I wasn't even involved in stunts.

We had a false start, due to a technical glitch, and had to restart. Well, everything went on smoothly, the dance went on well....without any errors. (Except for the fact that I didn't open the 'Stallions' banner properly at the end.

After the performance was over, everyone applauded, our batch cheered the loudest. We knew then that we had done it. 'Great job, well done' people told me (and the other cheerleaders). People were saying that they were awed and amazed by the entire performance.


It was then that I knew that it was all worth it in the end. :)

Thanks to Shao Wen for choreographing the entire dance routine- and for bearing with us all this while. And thanks to all the cheerleaders (especially flyers , and spotters and bases) for making this a success. And thanks to everyone from our batch (and other batches as well) for cheering and supporting us!!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So proud of u all!

AiLing said...

Haha, thanks!! :)