Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Birthday wishes...

How fast times flies. Especially when you're busy.

For the 25 years that I've been in the world....how much have I accomplished? Well.... a degree in Neuroscience, scholarship by MARA.....not bad, I suppose?
But I can't help thinking that there are people my age who have accomplished much more than I have. Most people my age have already starting working for quite a while, they have already gone out to face the real world. As for me? Still stuck in my comfortable little cacoon. :p
Oh well, I shouldn't complain. Anyways, the student years are the best years of your life, they say. I just get impatient once in a while, and feel like I'm stuck in this student phase of my life like forever. But like one friend said, I should enjoy and cherish every moment and every phase of my life.

My birthday this year was simple and lowkey, but filled with warmth, love and blessings. My mum and uncle David were in KL for the day before flying off to Paris. So we had lunch at McD's (my request:p ) At night, 8 of us (me, my housemates, Chong Bing, Wen Chong, Sandy and Edwina) went to a restaurant opposite of the Store. Oh...and the night before, my housemates did our birthday tradition of holding a midnight surprise....

I received quite a number of gifts this year.....a brand new digital camera (from mum), an external disc drive (from uncle David), a photo frame (from Tze Wei), a dairy (Tze Chien), a box of chocolates (from Pam), a necklace (from Lynn Xuan), a box set of Pastor Kong's sermon series (from friends) and a daily devotional book (from cellgroup). I love all the gifts! :)
Plus the numerous birthday greetings I received in person, via cards, via text message and online via Facebook. Yes, I do feel blessed :) And encouraging messages are the best gifts ever, they really make your day :p So thanks so much, everyone!!

My birthday wish is that God would (continue to) use me to be the salt and light and inspiration to everyone around me, and to be able to serve Him in more ways.

p.s. Our Izzi broadband suscription has expired, so I'm typing this entry using the library computers. Luckily they have much more computers in uni now compared to before. Also, I wanted to upload more birthday photos onto Facebook, but couldn't because no connection at home.

p.p.s Two more days- to Cheerleading! Go Stallions!!



2 comments:

Zzzyun said...

happy birthday again! =D this must be the 3rd time im wishing u i think :P

anyway continue to do ur best! you can do it!!

PS: good luck in cheerleading too! u mean the competition is in 2 days??

AiLing said...

Hey zzzyun....
Happy belated birthday to you too!
And yep, cheerleading competition is...tonight!!