Thursday, December 13, 2007

Haemato/GI exams

Ok...so it's finally over.

On the whole, I think I did better compared to the CVS/Respi exams.

Here's the breakdown of the sections:

OBA:- I really thought I did ok, that's until I went for the feedback session. And discovered that I got almost half of the questions wrong. And became depressed by that discovery. Simple,straightforward questions like the role of NADPH and G6PD deficiency- I couldn't answer because I didn't study properly. And there were several questions which I had the right answer the first time, but changed to the wrong answer. Arghh...
*I still can't get the frustration out of my head right now- I really feel like I should've done better for this section.

EMQ:- did surprisingly well in this part, 4 mistakes.

OSPE:- I could answer both questions ok, one better than the other.

MEQ:- was ok, I know that I did my best.... I think I'll get about half (or slightly more) of the total marks

I think I should learn not to compare with others, but to just compare with myself. Because if I compare my results with my batchmates', they will always do better than me. And I would end up depressed by that thought.

Why can't I just be myself and stop comparing myself with others- not only academically but in other aspects of life?

And I should learn to not look back and dwell on the past but to look ahead.

2 comments:

lynn-w said...

hey! are u going back kch?

AiLing said...

Yep, I'm back in Kuching now :)