Friday, April 10, 2009

Weekend is here!

I'm just so glad that the academic week is finally over. It seemed like a never ending sequence of covering wards at night (clerking patients for next day's case presentation), case presentations in the morning, clerking more patients, and then outpatient department attachment, or to the operation teatre, then task based learning (TBL) sessions in the afternoon. And not to mention on call on Tuesday nights for me. And I have to visit my CFCS patient at his home this weekend.
But it's all in good fun...We still can afford to go out and enjoy meals with friends, and we watch movies every weekend without fail!
I realised today that learning is not about focusing on passing exams, but actually taking the time to think....why was this particular patient not discharged yet, whether the patient has been advised on what to eat, not eat, not allowed to do after surgery, etc. Only then can we become more compassionate and caring doctors!

No comments: