Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Update!!

Still can't afford to compose a proper blog entry, as I'm using a public computer in the library in Cardiff right now. Took so much trouble to find this library, gah. Luckily it's free.

My trip to Europe this holidays were great! Turned out to be better than I expected. In fact my whole holidays turned out to be such a blast.

Rested, bumped into friends, watched Astro, watched 'Lost' DVDs, worked as a journalist.....

Barcelona is an interesting place to visit. My mum and I boarded the tourist bus, whereby we could hop off at any tourist locations which interest us and then hop back on again. Among the places we visited over there are the Catalunya square, the Sagrada Familia ( didn't enter the building), the Spanish village, Port Wells and the zoo. We encountered much difficulties in communicating with the locals, but in the end, it was all worth it.

Also, my own graduation ceremony yesterday. Finally.
In case you're wondering why I am attending my Neuroscience graduation ceremony this year and not last year:

My cover up story (to those who don't really know me):
I had to rush back to IMU to register for my medical course, so I didn't exactly have time to attend the ceremony last year.

The actual reason:
I had to do resits, and therefore couldn't graduate in time last year. Yup.

I wore the graduation robe, and took photos around Cardiff with myself proudly wearing the robe. Indeed, the city is full of people wearing their graduation robes for this past few days. Different faculty graduates have different coloured stripes on their robes. The colour for my faculty is dark green/gold.
Mum helped me to put on some light makeup and lipstick, which did wonders for my appearance that day.
I was a little disappointed that during the graduation ceremony itself, all we did was to walk up and shake hands with the vice-chancellor of the university and then stand in front of him as he read out an oath. No certificates being presented. Turned out that the certificate which I received a few months ago was the actual degree certificate. And the ceremony was rather booring...

I'll upload photos of the Barcelona trip and me in my graduation robes when I return to IMU the next few days. Or maybe after I return back from KKB.

2 comments:

LX said...

I can't wait to see your photo in the graduation robe!

AiLing said...

I'll try my best to upload the graduation photos today :)