Thursday, August 21, 2008

Silver is better than nothing....


Yes, I did watch the gold medal match of the men's badmintons singles in Beijing.
And yes, like all other Malaysians, I was fully backing Lee Chong Wei, Malaysia's current hero, to win the first ever gold medal for Malaysia.

And yes, I was truly disappointed, when we didn't get the gold the entire nation had always been yearning for.

And I have to admit....I was rather frustrated with the way he played that night. I thought he was holding back on his smashes and he lacked all the energy and passion which he exhibited in the semifinals match. Maybe the fact that the hopes and eyes of the entire nation were on him....(he was Malaysia's only hope for a gold or even a medal) caused him to crack under pressure. Or maybe Lin Dan was just too good a competitor for him.

Anyways, Chong Wei still gave his best and gave Malaysia her first silver medal. :)


No comments: