Saturday, August 16, 2008

The long lost siblings

Let me tell you a secret.....

I have an elder half brother. His name is Khai Azizi. I can't remember when was the last time I saw him. I think it was almost 10 years ago.

Well, we share the same surname. And we have the same baby face. And we are both on the plump side. Maybe all these we inherited from our father. We have different mothers though. (his mother is from our father's first marriage).

Anyways, he searched my name on Facebook earlier on this year, and found my Facebook profile. He sent me a friend request. I added him without giving a second thought, thinking that it was just a random stranger. He started sending me many application requests, but I ignored them all.

Until one day, it suddenly struck me....the name seemed familiar. Could it be....no it can't be , can it? So I personal messaged him on Facebook. And yes, it turned out to be my brother.

So after exchanging a few more messages and SMSes, he invited me to meet up with him on Thursday night.

As I arrived at the cafe earlier, I waited nervously for him. Finally a guy with specs came up to me and extended his hand. He could still recognize me. But I couldn't recognize him at all.

Oh, and his girlfriend was with him as well.

So we sat down for a good chat and I got to know both of them. Khai is now working as a Senior Engineer. He got his first degree in the UK.

Later on in the night, after he sent me home, I invited him to meet my mum.

Anyways, it felt really good to be able to meet up with my brother. Even though we are just half siblings, but we do share the same blood and genes in us. Maybe next time we can look out for each other, like what siblings do.

You know how a lot of TV shows have all this long-lost half sibling stories going on? (Read...'Lost' with Jack and Claire, 'Grey's Anatomy' with Meredith and Lexie...the list goes on).

Well, mine is real :)


No comments: