Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Recovery

Finally, I can say that I've come round.

It took me a whole 5 days to get that damn summative out of my head. But finally I did it! *applauds self*

The past 5 days had taught me a lot of things. Plenty of time for self-reflection, self-reevaluation. Reestablishing priorities, working on bad habits and forming good ones.

I almost entered into a deep pit of depression, even though externally I was still trying to enjoy the freedom of not having to slug for exams. Went to Sunway Lagoon, Sunway Pyramid, went Sungei Wang shopping today, went swimming almost every night.

But deep inside, I just couldn't stop blaming myself for what happened on Friday, analyzing over and over in my head about the entire situation, about what exactly went wrong, and what should have been.

I knew that I should forget what is behind and look towards what lies ahead and God's plan in the future. But I just simply couldn't. I prayed and prayed to just clear the thought from my head and just move on. But I could'nt. But finally I suceed now. :) And the result: my walk with God is stronger now.

No matter what my results will be now, I'll accept it and move on. EOS5 lies ahead.

On a side note, I am really enjoying the Literature selectives! I'm so glad I chose this option :)

Instead of reading lecture notes, I get to read stories related to medicine. Instead of listening to the lecturer standing in front droning on about Acute Tubular Necrosis, I get to hear about the different types of issues and questions we have to face as doctors in the future. And I get to actively participate in a class discussion, instead of nodding off in the lecture hall. Throw in some poems, a movie (I am Legend) and the song 'Beautiful Girls' by Sean Kingston (of all songs they have to chose this? :p ) this really seems like a fun month ahead for me.

And the best part of all is that....there is no exams! Reflections, pair assignments, group presentations replace exams. But personally, I would very much prefer assignments and projects and presentations and written portfolios compared to exams!! I know some people would beg to differ here, but that is my personal opinion. ;) I really really hate exams, I struggle so much when it comes to them.

So I've decided that I'm going to earn a medical degree and become a doctor in the future. (Since that is the logical thing to do.) And then I would write a book about my patients, or something related to medicine. And the book will be published someday, mark my word =)

I'll leave you now with some photos from my post exam trip to Sunway Lagoon =)

I wouldn't go into the details about how I ended up in the First Aid Room (diagnosis: a combination of hypoglycaemia and lack of sleep). But the wet part was really fun and I really enjoyed the slides!!





4 comments:

Zzzyun said...

hey girl. i'm glad tat u have come round.

for me, eos5 just finished afew hours ago. and it still seems surreal to me. >.<

i've already tried my best..but some things still didnt go my way. but i guess the most important thing is to learn and grow from it.

i just hope i pass.

anyway, u continue to gambate ya. medicine is still a looong road.

AiLing said...

Hey Zi Yun,
I'm sure you did your best :) The most important thing is to pass the exams.
We'll keep in touch through each others blogs ya!

Bibi said...

Glad your mood is better Ailing. If you're after a good medical book, don't forget to look for "House of God" by Samuel Shem. Everything you ever needed to know about intern life is in that book!

AiLing said...

Hey Jie,
Yeah, I feel better now :)
Thanks for your concern that day!
Okie, I'll look out for that book- don't know whether they have it in the school library or not...