Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mock OSCE

Yay, it's over!!
I think it went on smoothly, except for the fact that I fumbled in FIA's station, which was to examine a patient with hyperthyroidism.
Firstly, I forgot to wash my hands!
I started with the neck, until I remembered that I we have to inspect the entire body for this question.
When I've inspect the hands, eyes....he asked me whether there was anything else I would like to do. I stood there , not knowing how to respond. Nothing else crossed my mind.
Only after it was over, I found out that I had forgotten to test for the fine tremor (how could I! actually many ppl forgot that too) and to perform the 'H' test for diplopia.
He still passed me though...

The self standing stations were ok.

I forgot to ask patient about their diet in the BS station. As a result, I didn't find out that patient was a vegetarian, so I couldn't diagnose the megaloblastic anaemia. Argh..

Nvm...at least it is over. I just need to improve on my OSCE skills.... and do well in the actual thing. :) Now, back to my notes which have been piling up for the past couple of days....

p.s. Thanks so much PuiFun and LiYann for volunteering to teach us OSCE!! I wouldn't have known a single thing had we not had the session....

No comments: